Told my dad I'm leaving the JWs

by ithinkisee 39 Replies latest members private

• kls
    kls

Oh my God you got me crying. This is so great and i can just imagine the happiness your dad must be feeling because it would be the same happiness i would feel if my husband came to me with those words.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am very happy for you with your decision.

I know the next few months may not be easy, but I wish you the very best. Take your time, and carefully calculate everything.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I just wanted to share this with the board because it was sorta a milestone for me.

-ithinkisee

ithinkisee this is a huge milestone and the beginning of the rest of your life! As you said it's just the beginning of a lot of things which have to happen and I can tell that you are the kind of man who will make it all come about. Keep your goal of getting your family out intact so you won't have to sacrifice them to the B'org and you can build a life together outside the cult.

Here is a link which may help you in your exit:

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

Thanks for sharing and I wish you success in your exit.

Kate

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am still really happy about it. It is a bittersweet sort of thing.

Saying hello again to my dad may very well mean saying goodbye to my mom. I don't know, I'm not sure. Sometimes I wonder by her comments if her doubts have grown in the last few years. It will be interesting to see what happens with her.

There are many other dimensions to this when it all breaks wide open, but I'll talk about that stuff later. Stuff like current family members that are trying to "woo" other family members back into the truth ... and ... just ... lots of other stuff.

It's only one step for now, but it's a biggie.

Thanks again for the support, and thanks for this site.

-ithinkisee

• happehanna
    happehanna

I wish you well, heart warming progress. one step at a time and you'll hopefully get the majority of your loved ones free.

take care

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

wow, ithinkisee, I'm so happy for you.

Please take it slowly with your wife and kids. She maybe already afraid of what hints you have been dropping and thus trying to be a good little JW, all the meetings, service, etc etc. Be patient with her. Try to relate some sad stories you have learned about JWs who still love God but was treated badly by the Organization?. (much later you can get into other issues, but JWs need to be slowly lead out of a mind control). Read the bible only with your family, especially Galatians & Romans. It helps to read it in the Living bible. Jesus was not talking about developing another organization, the isrealites proved organizations are harmful and controlling.

Good luck. Glad you connected with your dad. Thanks for sharing that.

Joy

• jwsons
    jwsons

Well done, IthinkIsee

It take time to decode your wife and kids. For me it took 2 years to persuade my wife leave WTS. I was also a Bethelite. Until now, my wife sometimes asks "Why we should leave the Society, you're on the way up...." I should show all the dishonesty conducts that Society did involve. I printes-out all and keep a couple of copies in case someone comes to my home and ask her. Luckily, nobody come. They know us well. They scare to contact.

jwsons

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your experience will have given you a very good idea of how I would feel if one of my kids made that phone call to me.

Chris

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thank you for saying those words to your father. I've been in his shoes, and when my eldest daughter came to me with those same words, I could not help feeling as if a huge dark cloud had been lifted from my life.

Congratulations on your reunion, of sorts, with your father. I wish you absolutely the best.

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit