How Far Would You Have Gone To Prove Your Loyalty To The Organization?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I would have refused to have a blood transfusion and about 30 years ago I did turn in someone for a DFing offense and regretted it ever since. But not out of loyalty to the organization. I actually was convinced it was Bible-Based TM. I never did anything because the Borg, my parents, my friends said I had to or out of loyalty to them. Their opinions were too conflicting. After the adjustment in the Borg's interpretation of transplants in 1980, I no longer felt that the Bible forbad transfusions. After I saw the hypocrisy in the DFing process, I never ever "turned in" anyone again.

I never felt the need to "prove" my loyalty to the organization.

Blondie

• rebel8
    rebel8

My mother refused blood for me many times in life-and-death situations and turned me into the elders for imaginary offenses I was innocent of.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

5+ years ago I would have died not taking blood.. now NO FREAKING WAY! The blood doctrine is ridiculous anyway. You can have fractions of everything but not everything all together?? What is with that?

• cindykp
    cindykp

I was raised in the truth also, very very hard for kids! Man, I had a hard time talking my dad into letting me go roller skating because of the worldy people there. I was only 13!!!! Back then, I wouldnt have had much choice on the blood issue cause of my age. I also hated fs. What a nightmare as a teen to run into classmates!!!! uggg.

Newbie here wants to know what borg, and gb stands for.

cindy

• minimus
    minimus

Borg = organization Trekkie talk------GB= Governing Body

• cindykp
    cindykp

Thanks min

• minimus
    minimus

"Cindy" GET RID OF THAT PIC AND PUT SOMETHIN' PRETTY INSTEAD!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I DON'T KNOW AND THAT IS WHAT SCARES ME TODAY. HOW FAR WOULD I GONE? I DON'T HONESTLY KNOW. I DO KNOW WHEN THE ELDERS TRIED TO CONTROL MY THINKING AND ACTIONS IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT WOULD HAVE DESTOYED MY MARRIAGE TO MY UNBELIEVING HUBBY OF 30+ YEARS AND RELATIONSHIP WITH MY DAUGHTER I JUST COULDN'T BE OBIEDIENT ANYMORE. I DREW THE LINE AT MY FAMILY AND DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN DO THE SHUNNING THING TO THEIR OWN CHILDREN. I GUESS THAT IS WHERE I DREW THE LINE, BUT I MIGHT HAVE DIED NOT TAKING A BLOOD TRANSFUSION--I WAS REALLY CONVINCED ABOUT THAT ONE. IT SCARES ME TO THINK HOW MUCH INFLUENCE THE WT ORG HOLDS OVER ITS MEMBERS--I KNOW SOME OF THEM WOULD DRINK POISON IF THE ORG TOLD THEM TO.

CYBS

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, blood is "dangerous". A transfusion can kill ya! And red meat's ok to eat. There's blood in it but the meat was drained.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I used to worry about needing a blood transfusion too. Those stories of brave JW kids dying because they didn't take blood, but reminders that they would be in paradise, used to scare me. I didn't want to die.

I remember my JW mom wanting to fill out a blood card for me. My non-JW dad put an end to that. Then, I knew he would have stood up for me to save my life, so it didn't bother me anymore.

I know what I did endure at school for being a JW. No friends, no parties and going to the library during holiday parties. A few of my teachers used to give me extra assignments to do during them. When I was in Kindergarten, a boy pushed me down at recess and called me a stupid Jehovah's Witness and made fun of me because I hadn't gotten any Christmas presents. Other kids gathered around me, and this boy put his foot on my stomach, and I couldn't get up. I was a tiny little thing. Then, he spit on my face! I remember telling my mom that I wasn't scared and I remembered how Jesus had been spat on. Well, she was so impressed with me ::gag:: that I had to keep telling the story to other JW's who all thought I was so brave, etc. ICK I was so brainwashed.

*~Cat~*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit