JW Underground

by Hondo 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• integ
    integ

Hello friends,

We "underground" Witnesses should come up with a secret sign

to see if another is of our kind..... Like petting our eyebrows to see if the other

person does it back to us! This way we will not have to ask obvious question as to

wether you doubt the WT or not.

what do you think.... fellas?

I think that is a great idea.......Petting the eyebrows three (3) times in succession, and then nodding yes. I hope to see this at the next convention up in Janesville, Wisconsin. If an Elder tries to bust you for it, it proves they were on here..Which they shouldn't be. I'm being basically forced to go this excruciating event in a couple weeks. But I will be presenting my "report" to the board upon my return. That is if I make it out alive. Integ.

• Valis
    Valis
    We "underground" Witnesses should come up with a secret sign

you could always have one of these lit in your window..

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I see the problem with a JW Underground is that anyone caught questioning the principles and dogma are immediately labeled apostate, anyone caught dealing with an apostate is the same as. The mind control is so great that one doesn't even dare mention dissent to another without bringing down the wrath of the elders and judicial committee.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    I see the problem with a JW Underground is that anyone caught questioning the principles and dogma are immediately labeled apostate, anyone caught dealing with an apostate is the same as.

I agree 100%. I've played the dumb dub with 2 separate people who were asking me about my feelings on chronology. One of them moved quite a ways north so I don't know what happened with him, but one of them is still very much an organization man and was on the hunt..he's ratted out 2 people that I know of.

I'd suspect there are many self-appointed O'Briens (refer 1984) going around trying to add notches to their belts.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    People create a bit mystery about the governing body. But there is no mystery - they believe it all just like the rest of them, only more so.

SilmBoyFat you are 100% right. Ray Franz in his book COC said or inferred the same thing.

The GB members are captives of their own delusions. I agree with you on much of what you say as you seem to want to be fair, but I do have a question: “Why are you no longer an active JW?” Is it the doctrine or a particular doctrine? Is it the “we are better than everybody” else attitude that many JWs manifest? Were you perhaps the recipient of lies, slander and interference in your personal life like many here experienced? Just curious because no one in their right mind would leave an organization they truly believed to be God’s own.

FairMind

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I'd suspect there are many self-appointed O'Briens (refer 1984) going around trying to add notches to their belts.

O'Briens?

Sorry I'm kinda dense.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I certainly believed it! I think most of the GB do as well they may be suffering from a massive delusion but I think self preservation requires them to believe it... On the other hand there are many many who have doubts I think that because of this when the end does come it will happen very very quickly I suspect that when it does happen (probrably not in the near future I'm thinking 15-20 years) it will go to dust in under 5 years...

I'll bet a buck any takers

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

IP_Sec

You're not dense, I'm just bloody cryptic and should be less muddled.

O'brien was the fictional head of the Thought Police in the novel 1984....he even wrote a revolutionary book under a pseudonym as a lure for people who wanted to oppose Big Brother.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I am a FORMER WITNESS. I am no apostate and I don't want to be catgorised with them!!!

SilmBoyFat, maybe I'm missing something here. You say that you are a "former witness". Yet that makes you an "apostate" by default. What do you personally consider an "apostate" to be?

Here's an article from the Watchtower of 1980

*** w80 8/1 pp. 17-18 Remain "Solid in the Faith" ***

2 The word "apostasy" comes from a Greek term that means "a standing away from," "a falling away, defection," "rebellion, abandonment." The first one to fall away from the true worship of Jehovah was Satan the Devil. He was therefore the first apostate. (John 8:44) He caused the first human couple to become apostates. (Genesis, chapter 3) Very early in the history of Israel there was a "falling away" or ?turning aside? from true worship. We read:

"Even to their judges they did not listen, but they had immoral intercourse with other gods and went bowing down to them. They quickly turned aside from the way in which their forefathers had walked by obeying the commandments of Jehovah."?Judg. 2:17.

So by you just "turning away" or as you say being "a former witness", that makes you an apostate by their definition. Unless you believe EVERYTHING that the JW's teach, then you are "turning aside".

Here's the definition in the Webster Dictionary.

Main Entry: apos·ta·sy
    Pronunciation: &-'päs-t&-sE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
    Etymology: Middle English apostasie, from Late Latin apostasia, from Greek, literally, revolt, from aphistasthai to revolt, from apo- + histasthai to stand -- more at STAND
    1 : renunciation of a religious faith2 : abandonment of a previous loyalty : DEFECTION

Freedom Frog

• mustang
    mustang

I've seen this. There are lots of people who are sincere; then there the sincere ZEALOTS; then there are those who were "born into it" and are TRAPPED.

You could also start out sincere, then see through the smoke and mirrors. Then you are SINCERE & TRAPPED

Mustang,

who sincerely LEFT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit