JW Underground

by Hondo 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Look back a few pages and you will find it.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Slim:

I am a FORMER WITNESS.

Then you being here and being "a former witness" makes you an apostate in the jw book. Get over it.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

I also agree that the majority of JWs sincerely believe that it is the truth. Even when I started having doubts, I still believed overall that it was the truth. Part of the reason is what psychologists call "Social Proof". When you are always with people who believe certain things to be absolute facts, we consciously and subconsciously accept it as fact as well.

One thing I did notice though, was that many Witnesses I knew did not seem to be happy. Some were of course. But others, although they put on a show and would never admit to being unhappy, did not seem genuinely joyful. Of course this would be a tough thing for a wtiness to admit, as they are supposed to be the "happiest people in the world."

• SYN
    SYN

Slimboyfat, in the eyes of Witnesses, there are two types of people: Witnesses, and The Damned. Since you're not a Witness, well, goshdarnit, I guess you know what you are then!

• metatron
    metatron

The Bible says it best:

"deceivers and being deceived"

That sums up the Governing Body very well - you can examine guys past like Jackson - who treated chronology flippantly

or Suiter - who was ready to abandon 1914 in a heartbeat - or Greenlees - who was loyal to the WTS while molesting boys

or Chitty - who spoke of "boyfriends" and praised his long term male companion/roommate in a context usually reserved

for a wife - shall I go on?

They deceive themselves and they eagerly deceive others. That's how we get remarks about JWs being the "happiest

people on earth" - in spite of widespread depression and the pretensions of a "faithful slave" , who have 120 years of false

prophecy behind them.

metatron

• lawrence
    lawrence

Slimboyfat-

Go bang some doors and don't kick the cats. You rat bastard, you put on a spell on our houses, may you have the plague of many Judicial Committees.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    If people on this site were honest then most of them would admit that they believed it at one time.

Far as I can see, people here *have* stated the truth, as have I; at one point in time, I believed it with all my heart. It took an act of absolute cruelty to separate me from those people and my family is still 'in'.

And I hate to break this to you, but just being here makes you an apostate in the eyes of the GB and whether or not you believe that they are charming, delightful old men or not, if they had the power, they'd sentence you to death by stoning in a heartbeat. If it were not for the power of Government these people would follow the Mosaic Law in regard to dicipline.

Take a pill, calm yourself, get your facts straight, and then come back for a reasonable conversation.

J

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

I've noticed a lot of posts by this Slim character ...

he just seems like he's purposely trying to get everyone's goat, or possibly he's like one of those fanatical, wild-eyed creationists (who, to prove dinosaurs and humans walked together, will create archeological finds) ... why not just ignore him?

you can't argue with his brand of 'il'logic.

taylorS

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Jehovah's Witnesses Underground?

Many of them are - awaiting a resurrection. The Apostle Paul was of that opinion (Acts 24:15) Would there be any posting to this forum who believe in such a thing? (as usual, the question is rhetorical)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

slimboy said:

The fact is that most of them really believe it. If people on this site were honest then most of them would admit that they believed it at one time. And if they believed it then there is no reason to think that all the other Jehovah's Witnesses are any different.

I can't argue with that statement, but your aversion to the word apostate has me puzzled. Perhaps it's in the contemptable way JW's use it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit