JW Underground

by Hondo 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hondo
    Hondo

I recently read an article about JW's that, if had the choice, would probably leave because of the deceptions, lies, etc., but don't because of family, friends, prestige, whatever, and instead lead a make-believe life going through the motions of being a loyal and believing follower of the Watchtower organization. Most of those purported to be part of this non-believing/participating, but attending, JW population, are folks that have been associated with the JW's for a number of years, but, as many have, decided that the lies and constant changes (new light) just don't make sense anymore.

I would suspect that identifying those who just "go through the motions" of being a good JW would be difficult. But then again, maybe not, I don't know. Has anyone else heard of this? Is this "underground" (if there is one) prevelant? The Christians of old use to meet in secret places and even had a specialized coded language they used when they conversed with each other. Could this also be happening as well with the "closet JW's", if there are any?

Just curious. Thoughts/comments welcomed. Thanks

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think this is true of very few Jehovah's Witnesses.

The fact is that most of them really believe it. If people on this site were honest then most of them would admit that they believed it at one time. And if they believed it then there is no reason to think that all the other Jehovah's Witnesses are any different.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I often wonder that.If there is likea super elite group of elders or GB that know the truth about the truth.They could be a mix of buisness men,false prophet,snake oil salesmen,power hungry control freaks,wannabe jesus like characters.Good question.

It seems every hall has its believable ,trusting elder,and the cunning ,power hungry elder.Its probably the same with the GB.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

slimboyfat-They have convinced themselves there right!!!!!!!! I was a born and raised dub.Of course I believed.My parents believe.They WANTED to believe.It was there self rightouss way of showing how good they were.They had miserable ubringing's .They were going to "show them" how good they were.It is a hypocritical organization,with a power structure that makes politics look like childs play.This is a religion/social club,with a few good people who follow jesus example sprinkled in.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No apostate is going to tell me that brother John Barr is a crook or that he does not believe it is the truth.

That old man is delightful and there is just no way that he would support the Witnesses if he did not think it was the truth.

People create a bit mystery about the governing body. But there is no mystery - they believe it all just like the rest of them, only more so.

• kls
    kls

Now you are pissing me off Slim,,,,,,,,,,,being called a Apostate is just fine and i am proud of it but in your terms you make it sound dirty.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Are you john barr? If not,that statement is invalid.Have you ever heard of a con man.Is it so immposible to believe that witnesses at all levels don't truly believe or have only convinced themselves there doing the right thing.I truly believe some are thier because they don't know anything else.They have been "scared" into being thier.Others just want to see paradise.I'm not saying most JW's aren't genuine,but oftentimes,very misguided,causing cult worship.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have as little time for apostates as I do for Jehovah's Witnesses. Apostates are simply Jehovah's Witnesses who have had their polarity switched.

I am a FORMER WITNESS. I am no apostate and I don't want to be catgorised with them!!!

• kls
    kls

THEN GO AWAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why, are only fanatical APOSTATES allowed here???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit