What Have You Learned From This Site?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, I'm glad you no longer feel the pain.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I learnt there are a lot of ppl who are in and seem to be good dubs on the outside, but wish they had a way out.

Now instead of looking at all the bros and sis as dubs, I see them as possible fellow closet apostates like me.

Thanks JWD.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

That I am normal...and I am not afraid to live anymore thinking God will punish me and kill me!

Also I meet alot of people on here who are amazing. I have found old friends(Nancy Drake) Family(Devinsmom and Hadenuf) and even made really great friends(Dustin) I am very happy and lucky to have found this site because with out it I would be lost.

Brooke

• toladest
    toladest

Well, this is not the first site I found. I was DFed/DAed almost 7 years ago and was SHOCKED and CONFUSED when the elders called my husband and told him they were formin a Judicial Comittee for me for charges of apostacy. After all, I WAS NOT AN APOSTATE! Or so I thought. I did not realize at the time that all it took was to question the elders. And it wasn't like I was talking to others about my thoughts. I had talked to my husband and my mother (a long time pioneer and the one who raised me as a witness. Who better to ask for help?) I could not understand them letting a child molester get away with what he had done with NO consequences from the congergation. Those thoughts led me to more doubts about the WTS's teachings. So when I was called an apostate I went to the internet. I looked up ex-JW sites. I wanted to know the reasons for others being DFed for apostacy. I felt if my idea of apostacy was wrong maybe others labeled apostates were just like me. I was again SHOKED and CONFUSED! So many people had the SAME story as I did. I learned that there were really good people that had been rejected by the WTS and thrown away like trash. These people helped me to realize that it was not just child abuse issues that the WTS was lying about. I met some really wonderful people online and I found great sites like Freeminds.org and Watchtower Observer. If I had not found these people and these sites I truely believe I could have done something really bad to myself. Before I got online I had felt that I had failed God and my family. I felt that my doubts were a sin and I was committing the unforgivable grieving of the spirit. I thought it would be better if I were dead than for me to bring down my husband and kids with me.

Thanks to Randy Waters and Simon and all the other EX-JW board administrators! And thanks to ALL of you here that are SO supportive and insightful. I love ALL the differing viewpoints that have helped me find my own path.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

Laurie F.

• inquirer
    inquirer

^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

A lot.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So much that I would not know where to begin. So here is just one thing

IO used to think apostates were the scum of the earth -but since most of you on here would be classed as apostates by the WTBTS - it is not true or possible. Apostates - and especially those that frequent this board are some of the nicest people one could possibly know. It is actually the GB that are scum

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The other thing I have learned is that a character called minimus asks a lot of questions - maybe some of you have heard about him or know him

• DHL
    DHL

So many things suddenly made sense. They've been right in my face all this time but I never understood them as I always tended to see them piece by piece. This site finally made me see the whole picture at once. Like a puzzle completed. And that has helped me a great deal to overcome the frustation (produced by all the unanswered questions) and let go.

Thanks!

• minimus
    minimus

JWD must be a fulfillment of Bible prophecy or somethin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit