What Have You Learned From This Site?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I see that some people feel that JWD is a godsend. They've learned so much in so short of time.....Have you been helped by this site and other similar ones here on the internet?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I've been helped a lot. I have felt much of the guilt wash away as people have helped me see that it really isn't "the truth". I've made some good friends from my area who I have a lot in common with. Overall it has really helped me to learn to deal with some of the emmotional scars left behind. I don't feel so alone anymore. So to all of you who have helped me out, I want to say "Thank You".

Dustin

• cindykp
    cindykp

I agree with dustin! I really had no clue a site like this existed. When my cousin posted a story about me, and I read the responses, I was overwhelmed! Such caring and loving people. Not all of them, but wont mention any names! LOL And to be able to express your feelings with so many who understand is great.

• cindykp
    cindykp

The "truth" will set you free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i learned that i wouldnt spontaneously combust if i read ray franz's books.

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

Originally, I ended up here in search of information to help me understand my daughter's JW boyfriend and his family. It made me realize that they are not typical in a lot of ways (good ways) but also to be aware of the potential problems that could come should they become more dedicated. It has also been a really big help to hear from other parents who have been in the same situation.
    As a bonus, it has made me think a lot about my own beliefs...
    Deb

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I've really appreciated reading everyone's experiences of JW-land and how they coped when they left. It's good to talk to people who have gone through the same thing and can share thoughts and ideas. There are plenty of people on this board with a good sense of humour too and the general non-theological posts are always good to read as well.

While I've been off work reading this board has also stopped me watching daytime TV shows like Bargain Hunt. Daytime TV is like cocain; you know it's crap but you can't stop taking it in. I've been going to counselling the past few months and I can safely say JWD has been more help in understanding the situation I'm in.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

When I DA'd there was nothing like this....

I learned that I wasn't alone...lots of folks that I call friends and almost family here....even when we disagree LOL

I learned that I wasn't crazy when I saw all of the inconsistencies between scripture and JW's....

I learned that my BS meter was working just fine after all....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

reading peoples experiences is the NUMBER ONE reason i started reading here.

opinions differ, beliefs differ, but the experiences ex jw's have shared have striking similarities that i think go farther than anything else in exposing why the wtbs is corrupt and wrong.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

• That I am not the only person on earth that feels robbed of a normal childhood.
    • That it's ok to vent about the org.
    • That the org is an evil controlling cult that has no respect for it's followers and only cares about $

Dragonlady76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit