Would you rather be a sports star or a rock star?

by Dustin 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

There is a lot to be said for being a sports star. Unless you're into Sumo it is a great motivator to keep physically fit. Then there is the early retirement thing they got going too.

But I think I would rather be a rock star. In this fantasy, when I'm 75 I can still prop my wrinkled body up on stage before thousands of aging fans and sing to wild cheering (instead of the normal jeering).

Tammy

• undercover
    undercover
    The trick as a rock star is not to die too young of alcohol or drug abuse.

"It's better to burn out than fade away"

Oh wait....an old rocker said that

But if you think about it, you're most loved and admired rock stars died early: Elvis, Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, Moon, Jones, Vicious, the list goes on. Dying seems to give them immortality. Thanks to marketing and our devotion to them, they live on as young rock stars and never grow old or fade away. They have legendary status and somebody is making money off of their name but they aren't here to enjoy the fame or the money.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Die young and be a Good Looking Corpse!

Brooke

• Dustin
    Dustin

I hate to say this, but I would rather die young and wreckless than old and safe. I look at my CD collection and it's a tribute to those who passed away early...Alice in Chains, Drowning Pool, Doors, Hendrix, Nirvana. I'm not saying I want to die, but only that those people especially Layne Staley, left a very large impression on me. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna take drugs and overdose, but I would love to write music that left an impression on those who listened.

Dustin

• Dustin
    Dustin

Nice Brooke. Always thinking. That's frickin hillarious. What a good looking corpse.

Dustin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Hey all I can say is this when I die I want my Bra and Panties to match!

Brooke

p.s. Am I odd?

• Dustin
    Dustin

Are they going to be red? Thong or grannie panties?

Dustin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Thongs Black or Red! I love the color Red it makes me like crazy! Ok I got my answer I am odd!

Brooke

• Dustin
    Dustin

Too funny!! I'd definitely have to put on about 20 pounds if I was gonna be in my boxers in that coffin. They'de look at my 5 10' ..150lbs. body and say "Did he die of starvation?"

Dustin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Too Funny! Oh my god Dustin you are hot you know it! If you want to put on weight go to the GNC and get those whey things( I think that is what it is called )!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit