Does the bible teach that man is superior to women or just diffrerent?

by JH 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Stop the pain, consider getting pregnant, being sick 24/7, swelling, constipation, bloating etc

then go into labor and remind me again whats easier.

Dragonlady76

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've heard passing a kidney stone through the male penis ranks right up there with childbirth. However I am not an expert and have never experienced such.

Although now that I think a little more about passing an 8lb. bowling ball, would HURT! But I'd have the joy of a new bowling ball. lol

So does that prove that "God" is a man and "hates" women? Now there's a thought.

u/d

• MAHABA
    MAHABA
    Women are portrayed so negatively in the bible

Where?

How can God, if he exist, deny the top of his creative works?

• franklin J
    franklin J

upside/down

....well I have passed that kidney stone and I can tell you it was no fun until they gave me morphine..... Yes, I can better understand my wifes childbearing pain and was the first to learn to say.--no shout---EPIDURAL.

The female body is far more complicated and ingenious than the male ( male hydraulics getting so much attention)---females can not only GROW new life in their body, they can also FEED it after birth. Incredible.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

dragonlady-----only you chose to get pregnant.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

MAHABA,

have you read the bible? At 9 years of age I realized this weaker vessel/ man head of house thing was bulls**t!

Dragonlady76

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Not an advocate of the bible but if Eve was the second human to be created, surely god would of taken the opportunity to improve on his creation. He certainly got the internal pluming sorted and made her more pleasing on the eye.

• upside/down
    upside/down

You know women brag all the time about their ability to concieve life and give birth almost condescendingly.

I'm jealous- I actually wish I could at least try it. But I really do like being a dude. Women are just so yummy to look at and think about. Maybe that's why J made is have a sexual thought like every 10 seconds or so... maybe he really is a "loving" "God", and it's these asshole religions that have grossly misrepresented Him?

Anyway I need to get back to thinking about women...

u/d (of the if only they thought about me class)

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think, besides the overt statements that males are heads over women (it's shameful for her to instruct, etc), there are the subtle messages in the Bible (speaking of the jw bible). For example, how many women wrote books of the Bible? Women make up half the population. The authors of the Bible surely didn't represent a good cross-section of the population. How many apostles were women? How many women are mentioned in a leadership role at all?

We have to remember that the Bible was created by the Roman Catholic Church centuries after the books were written. Tons of books were submitted for inclusion, but only a very few were selected. The rest of the books are not considered holy books, while those that were selected, are. The WTS made a few deletions of RC books and then re-translated the remaining books, viola, they call it their very own bible. Yeah, the dubs call the RCs evil but they sure feel just fine accepting the books the RCs selected to include in the bible. Those of you into books about the Templars know the theory that the reasons the RCs declined to include many books is because they painted women in an equal role to men. That would be consistent with the view of females at the time. Add to that the fact that women were belittled in the authors' days. So not only the content of each book was less than favorable to women, only books that were so were even included in the bible. All others are considered unholy.

I do not believe that the Bible is a sacred book; however I do believe that women should be treated as an equal in every way
    Agreed!
  • Effervescent
    Effervescent

Us women just let men think they're superior as part of our evil plot to take over the world....

muahahahaha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit