da vinci code??

by myvalk 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sandy
    sandy

I enjoyed the book. I read it recently so I knew what the secret was due to all the hype. It started off really good but toward the end it was somewhat predictable as far as who were the bad guys. I just heard a movie will be made by Ron Howard and a few other people, I believe Brian Grazier and I forgot the other person involved. Tom Hanks is to play the main character, his name just left me.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I've got to be able to immerse myself in a storyline for me to enjoy it. While that takes some suspension of disbelief, all the errors, and making out things that just aren't in the artwork of Davinci, made the whole story too hard to get into. I think the only thing that kept me reading it was the character Silus. First thinking that he was going to be a key "evil" figure ( come on, those characters are fun, admit it). But then I mostly felt sorry for how he was exploited. The Body with Antonio Banderas was a more believable story to me, but I'm not saying it was good.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I read it a couple of weeks ago and loved it - it is entertaining, but a little research does put the multitude of conspiracy theories in the book in perspective. It wasn't life changing - just a good read with some entertaining concepts. I won't say too much as I will spoil the plot, but it did make me wish i had read it before I whisked round the Louvre in Paris last February, but then again I was wearing silly heels and whisking round was the only option. It certainly offers an interesting story behind the mona lisa by da vinci which I always thought a singularly unremarkable picture. The most interesting theory was the one behind the Last Supper painting and I have to say upon reinspection the picture of John the Baptist beside Jesus does look decidely feminine!

crumpet

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

?upon reinspection the picture of John the Baptist beside Jesus does look decidely feminine!?

Davinci painted many of his male subjects in a feminine style. He was very fond of effeminate men apparently.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Anyone know much about "The Beast," the movie they're advertising here in banner ads on this site? It appears to be a take on the Jesus Mysteries, or that Jesus never existed.... hard to tell from the teaser....

Da Vinci Code has many blunders, but the biggest is its claim that the Church did not regard Jesus as divine until the 4th century and that the Gnostic texts were heretical for portraying a human Jesus. As if!!! LMAO....

• Celia
    Celia
    .....Not one shred of evidence for any of this.

as there is not one shred of evidence of a divine Jesus, savior, redeemer, dying on a cross and being resurrected three days later and going to "Heaven" in the flesh....

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    as there is not one shred of evidence of a divine Jesus, savior, redeemer, dying on a cross and being resurrected three days later and going to "Heaven" in the flesh....

I have read a number of books on the topic including the Jesus Mysteries. Your correct the Gospel accounts were written years after Jesus had died based on oral stories. They mixed up the pagan mythologies with the Jesus stories to make Jesus devine.

Will

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Anyone know much about "The Beast," the movie they're advertising here in banner ads on this site? It appears to be a take on the Jesus Mysteries, or that Jesus never existed.... hard to tell from the teaser....

a young gal discovers her father, a bible scholar is missing... she is a fundi and is shocked to discover that her dad uncovered direct evidence that Jesus was a church invented fraud, never existed. [ www.jesusneverexisted.com ]

and she discovers a fundi group bent on killing off anyone who finds the real evidence.... should be interesting.

as I have read most of the books sited on the above web link, I have come to agree that Jesus likely was made up from pagan myths and never existed in the form the bible portrays... but it is likely that some of the stories are atleast based on a real person or more likley several real people combnied.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I loved this book. I would give it a 4 star rating. I loved it so much I read "Angels & Demons" by same author. I had to wait weeks and weeks just to get this book at my local library. But it was worth the wait.

Cathy L.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Celia:

I agree that there is not one shred of evidence for mainstream Christianity as well as the theories of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and "the Da Vinci Code."

I am an Atheist and have been for about seven years now. I was simply answering the question begining this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit