da vinci code??

by myvalk 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myvalk
    myvalk

anyone know what it is about??

• Bryan
    Bryan

A great mystery with the mix of fact and fiction... mainly fiction.

ONe of the best books I read in a long time.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Special K
    Special K

You can read about it at www.amazon.com under the book section.

SK

I read it and enjoyed it.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

All hype.

Not a great book, but that?s just my opinion.

• Gerard
  • in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

it's about a lot of things... it's a made-up story based on what the author claims to be facts. a lot of it is what christians would consider blasphemous and heretic. i am a christian, but i read it and loved it. just depends on how you look at it

bethel

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

The book by Dan Brown is VERY readable - makes one want to look at the evidence (even though fictional). Years ago I read Foucault's Pendulum (Umberto Eco) which is similar !!

• clementine
    clementine

it's about a lot of things but that's all fiction i think, i don't have read it yet, but i would like to! but in french, it does only exist in a quite expensive edition, i'll buy it later, in an other and cheaper one! anyway, it's THE 2004 best-seller i think!!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

A re-hashing of the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail." Supposedly Jesus and May Magdalene were married had babies then moved to Southern France founding the Merovigian dynasty of Kings (direct descendants of Mr. and Mrs. Christ) They were guarded by a secret order of monks/knights. Da Vinci was supposedly a member of this order and included clues about this story in his art work.

Some Gnostic sources did teach that Jesus did not die on the cross but the poor schmuck who carried the cross for Jesus was crucified in Jesus place. Jesus and Mary went off to have babies and died of old age. This ancient Gnostic story is the basis for "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and "The Da Vinci Code."

Not one shred of evidence for any of this.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The thing about the book is that quite a few people take it seriously and the author fuels "speculation" by saying that certain things are true when there is no proof. This is what gets a lot of Christians in the US mad, though its just a book, eh.

And I read Focault's Pendulum too. It was pretty good, but its a bit confusing at the start and later it makes so much sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit