Saw my JW parents yesterday. Dad not doing well. Neither am I!

by BrendaCloutier 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

((((Brenda))))

So sorry to hear about your parent's situation. These things are SO tough to deal with.

hugs,

Annie

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

(((((Brenda)))))

So sorry to hear of your father's failing health. My mother is 86 and I enjoy doing the 'little' things for her that she is now unable to do.

My duties:

Pick up the mail from the mailbox that is about 2 blks from her townhome.

Carry various objects upstsirs to the bedrooms and downstairs to the basement.

Pick up various medications from the store for her.

Clean the house every so often for her, because she is unable to do it herself.

I really enjoy my time spent with her now as I realize that she will not be here too many more years.

NewLight2

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Brenda,

Love from me to you! What you are experiencing is not fun at all. But at least you have grown!

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. It's amazing how after the pain we have endured from family ebbs when their end is inevitable. That goes to show that as humans, we have inherit compassion and love totally apart from WT teachings.

Hang in there Brenda.........you are doing the right thing showing love.

(((((((((Brenda)))))))))

HappyDad

• bem
    bem

(((((Brenda)))))) I am glad that you are able to take time to do what you can for your parents. I hope I can get to the point where I can help my mom before it's to late for both of us. My stp-dad passed away a year ago last November and I haven't been able to be around my mom still.too much pain.

Take care Brenda you are in my thoughts. sending you positive energy not trying to rob any from you.

Dorothy

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

Sorry to hear bout your father I lost my Dad 1 year and a half ago Its very painful thing to go threw but i think it would of been more painful if i would of been hard head and not gone and seen them from time to time especially within the last years of his life. They had stop talking and or associating with me either becuz i dissacociated my self with Jehovah's witness or because of who I was married to ( a non believer) either way I made my way back into there life. and now that my dad is no longer with us. Im glad I did. It doesnt make it hurt any less that he is gone. but at least I knew he understood where I stood as far as the truth and being a Jehovahs witness and he respected that even if he maynot have agreeded.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I'm really sorry to hear that.

• kls
    kls

Sorry Brenda ,that is so hard to see and you going there to help will certainly help them both.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Brenda. Hugs to you and your parents.

I looked after my grandfather, after grandma passed on. He too had diabetes, and had lost one lower leg, and gangerine was setting in the left foot. He just lost the will to live, and refused to let them amputate the other foot. And then yes his kidneys began to fail.

Both were dyed in the wool JWs, but I sensed towards the end, a frustration in both of them, that the desired promise of the new order had become no more than a pipe dream. This angered me, and was another few drops in the bucket to cause me to exit jwism.

It is the end of a journey, and though you may feel they squandered their life within the confines of the WTS, you should not let that feeling overshadow your relationship with them. They "created" you, they love you, and you them. And we love you. That is all that matters.

Regards David

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I am snuffling this morning reading your wonderful loving responses.

Yes, I've grown enough to not allow my anger and hurt from the past influence me in the presence. I do know what a blessing I have in front of me. No matter how difficult it is, it's more difficult for my mom.

Youse guyse are the greatest. Thank you so much for being there.

Love

Brenda

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Brenda,

I'm so glad you got the courage to go see your folks. I hope you are able to be in the "now" for a long time with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit