Studying

by tattoogrl333 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

TattooGirl

this is coming in a bit late but after reading the comments i have a few questions for you. . .
    you mentioned that the sister's daughter is getting a tattoo,
    is the daughter an active witness???
    or is she "just" her daughter?

the reason i ask you this is because (damn i hate the closed mentality) "according to the spiritual standing of the sister and family involved"
    she may interpret the beliefs a bit more loosely
    how long has the sister been a dub?
    if she is married, and if so is her husband an elder?

these questions off hand may seem irrelevant but they greatly affect the perspective of the the sister giving you studies. . . .

pretty much everyone has been dead on with their advice, you are getting the love bomb treatment and you are being told what you need to hear in order to convert so i won't be redundant with the advice. . .

on a more personal note,
    why are you interested in the witnesses???
    i'm curious as to why you would want to relinquish your independance and become a clone of the WTBTS,

dc

ps i have a dragon myself on the right side of my back/front deltoid. the head pierces through to the front from the back, on my back is the body with spread wings, pretty large and colourful, i got it 3 years after i walked out of the borg

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hi Tatt,

Glad to see you posting and asking questions! Welcome! I'm proud of you for quitting the drugging scene. It's hard to get out of and there IS a better lifestyle! You are already blessed by being clean and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Keep coming back!

PLEASE listen to the experiences that you've heard here on the board. Studying with a JW is TOTALLY different from being a JW. It really does seem that this lady you're studying with has your best interests at heart. When I pioneered I REALLY believed I was following Jehovah by trying to convert non-believers. I fully believed that what I taught was true. I did have genuine love in my heart for all of those I approached in my ministry. But this one woman's love for you is not enough. Once you become a JW you are then part of the organization. Not just her student. It takes on a totally different meaning.

Just keep looking for the facts in the Bible. Not using the literature is a good idea. If you truly seeking The Truth, God is aware of your heart. Take care and keep us updated!

Billygoat

• JanH
    JanH

tattoogrl,

If you were a part of a vegetarian club and you decided to eat meat, would you expect others to talk to you.

YES! What planet are you living on, where you refuse to even talk to people who have different opinions than yourself?

Ah, ok. JWland. Of course.

I assume that there exists vegetarians/vegans who will refuse to speak to a former vegan who later decided to extend their diet. There are words for such people, as they exist in most beliefs systems: fanatics and bigots.

Well, there is a world outside where people generally try to tolerate deviating opinions and respect people even if they don't think like them in everything.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit