God's intervention or.....an apostates?

by toladest 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• toladest
    toladest

I was reading the post about God's Intervention on the last page. ( Started a new one to be on current page) Anyway, the question was wether or not God intervines in peoples lives. I have NEVER believed that he does in our time. Even when I was a very faithful witness. But I am more sure now than ever.

On the other hand, my mother has ALWAYS credited good things to God and bad things to Satan. After I was DFed for apostacy (my only crime was questioning the elders privatley) we moved out of state. My mother would not talk to me. I had rented my home to one of my brothers (not a JW) and when he was ready to move out he said that mom really needed a place to stay. We let her move in (my way of at least getting her to talk about business matters with me) and she only paid half of our mortgage. We paid the rest for 2 years. But everytime she talked about having a place to stay so cheap it was because Jehovah provided! But in reality it was an "apostate" that was providing. Did Jehovah work through me? I have 9 other siblings, 3 are JW's and only one other is DFed. (the other 5 were never baptized) Why didn't Jehovah use them to provide? Why didn't he use one or more of the wealthy brothers in her congergation? My mom had been married 29 years and then my dad finally left her. ( he was never a JW) She sued for child support but never for alimony, because "this system will end before the child support runs out". Well it ran out and my dad is no longer under legal obligation to pay her, but he does anyway. But to her it is not my dad providing (out of his disabilty income) it is Jehovah! Again, is Jehovah using a worldly person instead of his own people?

Of Course, when my niece died at 5 weeks old after suffering for 3 horrible weeks in the hospital, that wasn't Jehovah's fault. We were told not to pray that she live but that Jehovah's will be done. When she died it was all Satans fault.

And the BS about some people having grace! What a load of crap! Why would God have grace on a car and not a helpless, suffering, innocent child?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    credited good things to God and bad things to Satan

That pretty much sums up why extreme Christianity is so attractive to so many--there's a good guy and a bad guy, hence an explanation for everything. Nothing is unknown. It's an easy belief system to adopt if you have difficulty accepting that basic things about our lives and the universe are unknown.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    On the other hand, my mother has ALWAYS credited good things to God and bad things to Satan.

Exactly the way we were taught to think. If this wasn't etched in her mind, then their stories of how apostates are bad would be known false, as they are. It's so hippocrititical (sp?) and just another brain washing scheme to keep them entranced.

It's not jehovah, it's you!

I'm on my way to becoming atheist.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This is the beef that I have with Christians in general. I remember a story that was going around for a while when I was a witness that God made lights flicker at a memorial because the memorial talk giver turned out to be an 'apostate'. When an MS friend of mine slipped off a cliff and died a few years ago it was all 'time and unforseen occurance' affecting us. Try telling his parents that God flickered lights at a memorial. Its all just a pile of shit IMO.. if there is a God out there and he cares I think he most definetly has a hands off approach.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, your mother is quite deluded. But, she must be a nice person, because of the help you and her x are giving to her. At her subconscious level, she must have an incredible amount of positivity about life, or about people. That's my guess, for what it's worth. As you know, god has nothing to do w it.

S

• robhic
    robhic

I, too, have wondered about similar events. My JW girlfriend gets a lot of (shall we say...) "mileage" from me. I help her constantly (she is disabled), buy her and her kids stuff to eat, gifts, help with her and her kids' financial woes and she is always appreciative. I like being able to help and usually do it even without her asking.

It pisses me off when she throws in a "Thank you jehovah!" when talking about the good turn she has just received. Jehovah? I thought it was me, a spawn of satan himself, doing the good deed. Why does jehovah get even partial credit? Sometimes she'll say it was jehovah that brought me to her and that's why he gets the indirect credit. No way, I tell her, she and I got together 2 years before she got wrapped up in JW and it was my/our choice. She wasn't a JW then, I still and not a JW and I resent her reasoning here.

I asked her to ask jehovah for a drink of water and then to ask me for one. Who did she think would get it for her first? Of course jehovah must have been busy or has something against getting people drinks of water so I ended up getting the water for her but she just side-steps this and/or changes the subject.

We've never gotten into who is responsible for the bad things in her life. Jehovah doesn't get any credit for her disability but he gets full credit when something goes right! It just burns me up.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

But then again sometimes they really twist it up and tell you that good things are from Satan. For example: when a faithful JW is offered a higher paying job--this could be a temptation from Satan to drag them into a materialistic lifestyle. I personally didn't tell a lot of JWs when something good came my way (some sort of success in life) thinking that these good things would be judged as temptations from Satan. Some in the congo did judge others for their accomplishments in life--a justification for their jealously I'm sure. JWs are taught to think in many twisted directions...

cybs

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

when you pray and your prayer is answered it is Jehovah

and if you prayer is NOT answered, it is Jehovah saying NO.

seems to me that No Jehovah has been required in my life and some of my desires still get fufilled even without me asking anyone at all.

• FairMind
    FairMind

God does answer prayers although many things people attribute to God, as prayers answered are not. I personally have had several prayers to God that I believe were answered. Can I prove that God answered these prayers? No I can’t but I am sure that he did

• Golf
    Golf

Reflect on this scripture, "Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith."

Could this be the reason why so many witnesses don't have Jehovah's blessings because they don't practice what they preach?

Romans 2:21, "...do you, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself?"

Guest77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit