Bye-bye love

by wanderlustguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I had to say goodbye to my s/o yesterday for the last time. It has become more and more apparent to me that the reason we were together, at least for me, was that I sought out the same type fo restriction I had on my as I grew up and stayed in "the truth". I posted about this before, but not like this. I really have commited to myself to not let this relationship restart. Reasons I think it is bad...

• She doesn't entertain the idea that there can be more than one way to view something or that her views could possibly be wrong. Even in the face of questions she cannot answer, even posed in the most civil manner possible, she simply clams up and responds in the "that's just the way it is" mentality.
    • She thinks all people are inherantly bad unless they prove otherwise, most people are not worth knowing, and there is no hope for those she has "officially" determined are bad.
    • I am in sales, however I am doing something wrong if I take a client (male client) to dinner, meet for drinks, etc.
    • Any conversation of any kind with any woman is suspect and results in a literal barrage of questions.
    • Any inavailability via cell phone means I am doing something I am not supposed to be.
    • She cannot fathom what it is like to find out your life was all a lie, and can't understand why I would need to go to a forum like this and associate with all these people I don't know, or even why I can't just "get over it".

The thing is, even though I know all of the above reasons, I still feel the pain (hurt? anger? insecurity?) that comes from having something you love go away. So then I have to think, what did I love? That, too is similar to what the org did to me. They both gave me just a little of the thing I wanted the most, the "friends" the "security blanket". Just like when I realized I could be no part of it any longer, I feel the same lonliness and desperation, fear of yet another thing and person I love going away.

Anyway, i just wanted to write something because it hurts so bad, even though I know I'm doing the right thing. It helps already just to put this where someone else can see it.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Well friend it seemed that your problems were far deeper than religious differences....sounds like deep routed insecurities...and lack of trust...if these things cannot be resolved then it might well be that you have made the right decision.

Sorry your hurting...hope things improve for you

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

If we were sitting together I would tell you to "hang in there" and let you talk it out.

So hang in there, it looks like you have thought this through and I can tell you that TIME will lessen the pain and that love and happiness WILL run you down and overtake you someday - hopefully soon.

Take care.

DON'T MAKE ANY OTHER IMPORTANT DECISIONS WHILE YOU ARE IN THIS STATE - ONE IS ENOUGH

Rest and heal up.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'm no relationship-guru, but it sounds like you're making a well-reasoned decision. It will hurt no doubt, but nothing like the hurt of trying to make a relationship work that just won't.

Good luck, hang in there.

Dave

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I can't stand to be controlled. I stopped dating a guy because he would check up on me and even tried to tell me what to wear once. That's not happening. I already have a daddy. I don't need another one.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Breaking up is so hard to do. Hang in there, though, through the pain. The reasons you say are valid ones. You'll be just fine after sufficient time for healing.

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Sorry you're going through this, Wanderlustguy. Your situation sounds exactly like mine was when I separated from my wife last year. My thoughts are with you.

Walter

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Thanks for the response, helps to get some validation...as sad as that may sound.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Love shouldn't hurt. If it does, it's based on control and 'conditional' love.

Puternut

• rebel8
    rebel8

The title of this thread is part of the lyrics to a song, which I'm going to change just for you:

Bye, bye love lover

Bye,bye hello happiness

Hello Goodbye loneliness

I'm sure it doesn't feel that way now, and won't for a while. That's ok; grief is normal.

Eventually, you will feel in your heart that you are better off. You already know that's true, in your mind. You would never have been able to achieve happiness and normalcy in a relationship with her. Now life begins!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit