Bye-bye love

by wanderlustguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Those were some pretty scary qualities you listed. You really shouldn't have to put up with any of them - let alone that killer combo. She sounds unsupportive and distrustful, but inspite of that of course you will miss the relationship you had. I'm sure it wasn't all bad. I'm sure you will take some positives away from the time you invested in the relationship.

However - it sounds like you have given this a lot of thought, you're not doing anything rash here. It hurts now - it's an adjustment, they all cause stress - but you will pull through. One day at a time...

I'd urge you to take the time to heal, and then take even more time just for yourself. Do things you like to do, go see things you want to see. It's a great time to take stock of what you want and need out of life.

And if you do choose to head down the relationship path again - you'll be in a great place to start fresh with someone, not to mention completly aware of what you will need from a partner.

I know a lot of friends/co-workers/accquaintences who focus too much on the fact that they are "alone". While I understand the sentiment, I hate to see anyone have this as their one and only focus. (Personally, I enjoy being single).

It hurts now, but that old cliche is true (guess that's why it's cliche?); time heals all wounds. The more time you spend out and away from this relationship the less it will hurt.

You're not alone here. I'm glad you were helped by sharing story (I'm the same way - getting it out of my head by writing it out always helps me). And I hope if you ever need to you'll vent here again.

*hugs*

I'm always up for a shoulder sob too - I'd even let you cop a feel - (that was an attempt to make you laugh by the way). My inbox is always open too ([email protected])

Take care of yourself!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Anyway, i just wanted to write something because it hurts so bad, even though I know I'm doing the right thing. It helps already just to put this where someone else can see it.

I'm sorry, just hope the pain will fade out as soon as possible, it'll just takes time anyway ...

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Obviously you're feeling crummy, it's to be expected. Think of it as a band-aid being ripped off a paper cut. It hurts like crazy but now the fresh air can get to it and healing can begin.

You made the right decision. NO ONE likes to live under a constant cloud of mistrust and having to feel as if they have to make an accounting every time they are out of sight. Traits like these are rarely made better with time. Think (you probably already did) about living with these attitudes day in and day out. It would only get worse.

I'm sorry that you're going through this now........but it WILL get better now that all that baggage is gone.

hugs,

Annie

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm sorry you are feeling bad, it's a hard thing to go through. I'm glad you are not staying in it for the sake of not being alone, but it's still tough to face the unknown, wondering when or if you'll find true love... I can relate to that. It will get easier and something better will come along for you, just believe in that.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    I feel the same lonliness and desperation, fear of yet another thing and person I love going away.

Anyway, i just wanted to write something because it hurts so bad, even though I know I'm doing the right thing. It helps already just to put this where someone else can see it.

wonderlustguy,

It will get easier with time. Something similar recently happened in my life and I was devastated. Maybe because of my age and having learned to turn negative events into something more positive, the hurt has eased to where it no longer is hurt. And it happened faster than I thought it would.

In my case, the two of us are still friends and keep the contact limited. I've come to realize that everything happened too fast and it was best for both of us to no longer be involved the way we were.

So for now, you will have the pain and hurt, but it will get better. In no time you will see it for what it is/was.

Concentrate on your job and the other interests in your life. The right person is out there waiting for you. When it is time, it will happen.

HappyDad

Time Takes Time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit