Looking to Convert...

by swyven 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Triple A
    Triple A

Welcome,

To truely call yourself a Jehovah's Witness, you have to be one of the 144,000 (Annioted). Truthfully you can only truely be a champion or associate. But this is not enforced and the great crowd is allowed to say they are a Jehovah's Witness.

By the way to be truely one of the 144,000, you should have been baptized before 1935.

Research, Research, Research before you make a final decision.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi swyven,

I am not sure if you have noticed or not, but this board is mainly for those who have come out of the organization, i.e. no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I think it would be a very good idea for you to take a look at freeminds.org before you take a huge leap into the organization.

My family were in the truth for all of our lives, my parents 45 years in and myself 23 years in, when we decided that there were just too many falsehoods going on and we left in the early 90's and have not been back since.

Please research until you are blue in the face before you take "the plunge" and join the organization.

You will find that a lot of people on this board harbor a lot of animosity toward the organization, and rightly so, and that is why some might seem a bit gruff in their replies to you.

Also, remember if you mention that you are frequenting this site to any JW's, they will tell you not to because they feel that this is an apostate site and we are only here to try to disway others from joining the org. They are right, of course, but we do have definite reasons for doing so. Please, if you have any questions about why we are so against the org., do not hesitate to ask, I'm sure you will get enough info to keep you reading for a while :)

Ash

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA
    To truely call yourself a Jehovah's Witness, you have to be one of the 144,000 (Annioted). Truthfully you can only truely be a champion or associate. But this is not enforced and the great crowd is allowed to say they are a Jehovah's Witness. By the way to be truely one of the 144,000, you should have been baptized before 1935. Research, Research, Research before you make a final decision.

This wasn't the way it was when I was in about 10 years ago, you were one of JW's if you were baptized, that's why they ask you the question about if you accept that you are now one when you get baptized. Being anointed or not, if you were not baptized at any time in your life, then you are not one of JW's.

Did they change the rules in the last 10 years?

Ash

• swyven
    swyven

Well, I've got a lot of information from you, for which I am grateful. How does one prove that one is part of the Jevhoah's Witness religion? Are there certain documents, a certificate, etc. that one uses to identify oneself? How does one prove that one is a Jehovah's Witness?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

swyven:
    Good morning. I noticed you seemed to have some difficulty getting into chat, last night. I think it was playing up.

To join the JW's you need to go through the ordeal of a free home bible study, during which it is expected you will increase your activity with the cult group, attending indoctrination sessions meetings, answering at said meetings, going out knocking on doors to covert others sell religion express your faith, and after about six to twelve months they may let you go through the gauntlet baptismal questions before baptising you by total immersion in front of a crowd of people. After ALL of this, and if you report the amount of time you spend "expressing your faith" diligently every single month, you will be classed as a JW. Or, at least as you keep reporting (by handing in evidence in the form of a slip of paper which is a monthly return).

As someone recently put it, "you're only as good as your last report".

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

Don't confuse becoming a JW with finding your father...

• dh
    dh

can i just say

LOL

• Aaac
    Aaac

"I have just moved to Finland and I don't speak the language." Welcome in Finland! Please, check this site and call the number that is presented there on the bottom. "auttava puhelin: XXX-XXXX XXX" http://www.jttuki.info/ It is a help group for ex witnesses but I think that you will be answered.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Swyven Welcome. Couldn't help but notice that the first 4 letters of your IP spell TraP. I would take that as a sign.

Perhaps your father is on this site.

And as a previous poster stated. Do not confuse becoming a JW with trying to locate your father. There are many more viable way of attempting to do that, than offering yourself as a human sacrifice the cult know as "Jehovah's Witnesses"

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hello and welcome to this website. There are many very nice people here. A lot of us used to be Jehovah's Witness ministers, pioneers (a full time minister), elders, circuit overseers and residents at the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses located in Brooklyn, New York USA. Many of us also sincerely believe that God sent us to this website so that we could help and be helped by current and former Jehovah's Witnesses with various psychological problems and fears due to being involved with the religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

I sincerely pray that your father was able to distance himself from this religion and that you will be able to locate him. i am also praying for you so that you will see the religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses for the evil that it certainly is and its ability to destroy families and lives wherever its influence is felt.

Greetings,

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit