Looking to Convert...

by swyven 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• swyven
    swyven

I'm not currently a Jehovah's Witness, although maybe I am (?). Here's my story: My father was a devout Jehovah's Witness, and he intended on indoctrinating me in the faith as I grew up...however, my mother took me away from him when I was 4 years old, and I haven't been able to find him since (I contacted the main HQ in New York, but he couldn't be found anywhere). I have read numerous books and articles which I've got from the Watchtower Store, and have read this website, www.watchtower.org and been involved in the Yahoo! Jehovah's Witness group for a few months now. I want to be more involved with the project of converting my fellow man to the true faith, but I'm confused on a lot of things, still. So I wanted to ask these questions: 1. Am I a Jehovah's Witness? My father was born into the faith and I would have been taught it, but wasn't. I have studied it as much as I can since. This sounds really stupid, but would I be registered somewhere? Would there be some sort of certificate my father would have gotten that says I'm a Jehovah's Witness? 2. If I'm not one, how can I become one? 3. What can I do to prepare for this enormous change in my life? I know these are questions I should ask for a free Bible Study, but I have just moved to Finland and I don't speak the language. What can I do? Thanks and bless you for any guidance you can give me.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Click here ---> Freeminds

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

1. Nope, you're not registered anywhere (ya lucky dawg!)
    2. Put your brain in a bottle and mail it to Brooklyn NY
    3. Get used to sitting listening to monotonous speakers for up to two hours at a time

More seriously, have a good read around this site and freeminds (linked to by SP) and see why you could be on the verge of the biggest mistake of your life. Alternatively, God could be really blessing you with finding this place and giving you an opportunity to avoid that fate...

I genuinely wish you every blessing,
    Ross.

• Buster
    Buster

Tell you what, if you're really that tired of thinking on your own, go ahead and get the lobotomy.

But do this: Don't just run into a Kingdom Hall and announce yourself. No, that would be just too easy for them. Wait until you run into that is out on their preaching work ('service'). Talk to one and show interest. From there, go ahead and start attending meetings, study, join the ministry work, get baptised. You will provide soooo much satisfaction to some lucky fortunate JW. It will be something that he/she will smugly look back on for the rest of his/her life.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Hello, 1) No. You need to be babtized to be really counted as a JW. This takes place at an age that you are suppose to understand what you are doing. 2) Contact your local congregation. Ask to speak to one of the elders, and he will arrange a bible study for you. I am sure that they can refer you to a local english speaking person. After a few months of steady progress, you will have the burning desire to be babtized, then you will be official. 3) End ALL of your worldly connections, both with friends and family. Be prepared to change jobs, as there are many that are unacceptable. Get rid of any books or magazines or videos or music that would conflict with the JW teachings. (That would be most all of it.) Give up your own thoughts, as they are no longer accepted. If this is what you truely want, do all the needed research. Use the forementioned website, and all the others. A big mistake that many people studing wiht the JW's make is not researching outside of the Society's publications. Many "prove it to theirselves" by reading and studing only the watchtowers publications. But until you look at everything, you can't really believe it to be true. ~cab

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

Strongly recommend you dont rush into this so many people have been hurt by this cult

• bavman
    bavman

God's spirit probably is directing you here.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hello and welcome. Watchtower publications are VERY biased. They obviously won't print anything in their literature or on their website that makes them look bad. Please, please, please research their history from non-Watchtower sources before jumping into that religion. The link above is one of many good places to start.

This board has well over 10,000 former Jehovah's Witnesses as well as active Jehovah's Witnesses and those who never were Jehovah's Witnesses. Feel free to browse everyone's experiences and how we've had our lives touched, changed, or ruined by the Society. Ask plenty of questions.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Swyven,

Welcome to the forum. I hope your father made his way out of the Jehovah's Witnesses and that you could find him. Maybe, then, you wouldn't need to convert!

• HEAVENS DESTINY
    HEAVENS DESTINY

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I was a JW Student for "12" years off and on, no one in my family is a JW and I honestly thank God. But my point is I am now an EX-Student for the fact that my research on the JW's proved alot of my doubts. Take it from me your not missing out on anything, but for your father and that search I do encourge but not becoming a JW. Just my opinion............Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit