Looking to Convert...

by swyven 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, I have never yet met a Jehovah's Witness wannabe who couldn't figure out how to become part of the religion. No Jehovah's Witness is born in to it, no matter what religion the parents. There are no certificates. Regardless of how much you have studied on your own, Syven, you are not a JW yet. A Jehovah's Witness is one who has studied with another Jehovah's Witness for at least six months, and has been baptized in to the religion. To maintain their standing, they must remain morally pure, attend all meetings, and participate in field service. Any slacking off in any of these areas put their standing at risk.

It is laughably easy to find a Jehovah's Witness to study with, even in a foreign country. Syven, since you are familiar with the www.watchtower.org site, submit their fill-in form and request a study.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Syven, try out this link for finding your father: http://www.peoplesite.com/

• Triple A
    Triple A

AshtonCA, I started another thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/85479/1.ashx to aswer your question. Triple A

• Quotes
    Quotes

To prove you are a Witness, you should (according to Watch Tower Society) stay away from and be afriad of THE INTERNET:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/internet.htm

~Quotes, who is hoping you will NOT heed this advice and rather stay here on the internet and learn all you can!

• Odrade
    Odrade

As concernedmom said, don't confuse converting to the JWs with getting close to your father. The JWs tend to take away individuality---everything that makes your father unique. While it make be a way to superficially get closer to him if you can find him, ultimately it will prove to be pretty empty. I tell you that compassionately, and not in a way to put down your dad or you.

You want to relate to your dad as a person, right? Well, converting to his religion is not the way to find out who he is as a person. This religion tends to make people see everything black and white, not the person, not the individual. What if you are interested in something that his religion doesn't approve in? As an individual, you can say "this makes me happy," but as a JW, his religious organization would tell him to withhold fatherly affection until you "realize your error," and give it up.

If you have the time, you might better spend it seeking counseling to better deal with not having your father in your life up until now, and to help you deal with whatever happens, good or bad, when you find him. Jehovah's Witnesses, no matter how kind or sincere they may be in giving you bible studies, are NOT trained to help you cope with matters like this. They are trained in Watchtower doctrine, not in psychological or family counseling. Please get some support from someone qualified, you will be much happier and more balanced in the long run.

After you do this, you will be in a much better position to investigate the JWs with a clear mind, not an emotional heart.

Best wishes to you.

Odrade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit