God's intervention?

by disciple 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Yes he intervenes every day, his name is me.

Lord, we cleared this land, we plowed it, sowed and harvested it, and we cooked the harvest; it wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank the Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat. Amen.

Infidel prayer from the movie "Shenandoah"

LOL

As amusing as the above is.....

Could we possibly be God ourselves? God in the 3rd dimension? If so, when we thank God, we thank ourselves also. Nothing wrong with that.

• peggy
    peggy

"SOME" peoples lives are associated with GRACE?

I was blessd today by GOD? Oh, but so sorry my neigbor wasn't! Was he in the wrong religion? Doesn't have ENOUGH faith? Wrong color? Wrong country?

This is as much BULL as the witnesses being blessed while ALL others are NOT!

• melmac
    melmac

Hey, Peggy. My father always asks: "How come when good things happen, it's the Glory of God, but when bad things happen, nobody says a word about God? Like, if someone escapes a plane crash, he was saved by God... but how about the ones who died?"

My girlfriend believes this BS that God intervenes in every little aspect of her life. I try not to detract from her faith, but it's so strange when you see it for what it`s worth.

What I think is something like: "Please stop praying for your car to start, so God will have more time to anwer to those praying for the sick and poor! - If he does answer, we gotta maximize our odds!"

• peggy
    peggy

When my car doesn't start I usually have some CHOICE expletive to shout out! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I was never a big advocate of seeing divine intervention everyday as I could see that it fostered irrational behavior and eventually disappointment. However when srving in a foreign assignment I was more inclined to "see" Jehovah's hand in matters. I was ignoring the obvious do do this. Everyday we suffered hardship and animosity yet whenever I was able to secure living quarters or catch the ferry I felt reassurance that "i was on a mission from God". It is called selective perception. Ignore the bad and intepret the good as miraculous. Perhaps the more bad we suffer the more the good looks miraculous. At one point m life was at a new low and decided to go to a strip club for the first time as I was curious. I first had an item to return at the store. Because the computers were down I receieved cash back for the return even tho I had used a c.card. When I went to the club I learned that they had a 5 dollar cover to enter. What do you know the only cash I had was the 6 bucks from the return!! I dropped to my knees and thanked god. True story other than the dropping to my knees part.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Good or bad, life has a habit of giving us lessons. Ironically I've probably learnt more from the bad than the good.
    Praise be to God!

• prophecor
    prophecor
    SOME" peoples lives are associated with GRACE?

Yes, some people. Jehovah's Witnesses were not meant to be thought of as mutually exclusive, some refer to people in general, and it actually has nothing to do with ones faith, race, religion, or even a political party, it includes every kind of people.

"Razor Face" Has anybody here seen Razor Face
    I Heard he's back looking for a place to lay down
    Must be getting on
    Needs a man who's young to walk him round
    Needs a man who's young to walk him round

Oh it must be hard for the likes of you to get by
    In a world that you just can't see through
    And it looks so cold
    How does it feel to know you can't go home
    How does it feel to know you can't go home

Come on Razor Face my old friend
    I'll meet you down by the truck stop inn
    With a bottle of booze in the back of my car
    You're a song on the lips of an aging star

Razor Face, oh amazing grace
    Protects you like a glove
    And I'll never learn the reason why
    I love your Razor Face

Sung By: Elton John

From the Album Madman Across the Water

Some people, even sometimes seemingly the most unlikely of people, have the blessings of grace that belongs to God!!!

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I remember one time when I was at my wife's church a woman testified that she had been hit with an unexpected bill that she couldn't pay. She prayed to God and the next morning a GST tax rebate check was in the mail. The amount of the check was about the amount of the bill. she follwed her testimony by yelling "GLORY BE TO HIM"

The problem is that GST rebates are sent at predetermined times througout the year. They are also sent for predetermined amounts. So unless God stopped the postman from slipping on a piece of ice and breaking his neck on the way to her door her prayer didn't make any difference in the matter at all

Perhaps it's just a matter of deeply religious people being better able to recognize the positive things in their lives whereas the rest of us only see the negative.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

W_T:Is it possible that some invisible entity shows a humorous side by lining such events up for people to be amazed at?
    Synchronicity is in the timing, not the miracle...

• peggy
    peggy

Prophecor,

Your line of reasoning makes no sense to me, in fact in my opinion it paints GOD cruel. "Some" people have Grace? I used to be afraid of that word, GRACE. It is NOT a JW word. I find that word beautiful now, but not if it only applies to "some" people. Grace is grace. We all need to be thankful for the beauty in life. Lifes tough lessons do have something to teach us, and grace amongst ALL men is a blessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit