God's intervention?

by disciple 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• disciple
    disciple

Do you perceive that God intervenes in your daily life?

For instance , if you were not making enough money to cover your unexpected expenses would you pray specifically to God for that expense or expenses to be covered? Did He provide?

If a close member of your family had been treating you like dirt, would you pray that God bless them or take care of them or would you pray that he curse them? Did He do either? Which one?

Have you ever had a physical ailment that you prayed specifically that God would heal that ailment? Did He heal it?

If your vehicle that you go to work in kept breaking down , Would you pray that God would fix the problem or that He would supply you with a way to work? Did He?

Has your car ever not started and you prayed for it to please start? Did It?

Have you ever thought about a close friend that you had not seen in a long time , then prayed that you would hear from them soon? Did it happen?

Have you ever had the urge to suddenly write to someone that you had not written to in a long time and them shortly after you wrote to them they died. And your words were just what they needed to hear?

Have you ever prayed that it not rain in a certain place on a certain day? For instance a wedding day or a special planned event? Did it rain?

one more,, Have you ever spent more than 15 minutes Just Praising God , Not asking anything Just Praising Him for who he is?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Do you perceive that God intervenes in your daily life?
    Yes I do!!! God has a way of showing up in my life daily, sometimes it's blatantly obvious, other times it's me being oblivious to the blatantly obvious, but I find him there at the end of the day, nevertheless

Have you ever had a physical ailment that you prayed specifically that God would heal that ailment? Did He heal it?
    He made it possible for me get the problem fixed, it took time but when the healing came, there was no question asto His being responsible for it .

If your vehicle that you go to work in kept breaking down , Would you pray that God would fix the problem or that He would supply you with a way to work? Did He?
    He made a way when the MarkVIII was ready to be stranded with a faulty alternator, just 3 weeks ago. The Auto Zone was within reach, and when I was going to take a different route, doing something completely different than what I'd originally intended, I found that by listening to that small voice behind my head, by following my first mind and doing otherwise, that it made all the difference in the world regarding my being able to be in the right place at the right time
    . The alternator was replaced, despite my having to wait for it to come from another store. God's grace has a way of working itself out in my life, and that is all I need to get through!!!

one more,, Have you ever spent more than 15 minutes Just Praising God , Not asking anything Just Praising Him for who he is?
    The only thing I ask of God now is that he lead me in the direction that he would have me go that I may be able to do the things that he would have me do. I thank God Always, I never take a moment in this life for granted, as we could all be a memory tomorrow. Many who woke up this morning will not awaken tomorrow, and some who are awake right now will be prematurely put to sleep, forever on this side of Heaven. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, and everyday, despite the pain and suffering, it's a good thing to be alive, and for this I am eternally grateful.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I do not believe that God intervenes in anyone's life. If he did he would not allow horrible things to happen to innocent children. My child would not have died at a mere 27 days.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Simple and to the point.. no, not at all.

Kansas District Overbeer

• amused
    amused

I have not seen it. My sister committed suicide in spite of my prayers that Jehovah help her. She also insisted to the end that she loved Jah. I get a little nauseous now when I hear stories about how suicidal people have prayed to God to show them they way and shortly thereafter JW's show up and save their lives.

I want to believe he is there but can't say for sure I have much faith anymore.

Prophecor..... I have heard people tell stories like yours. The only specific example of what you believed to be intervention is the one about your alternator. I could never understand why God would intervene for your alternator when he would not for my sister, or the other families I know who have lost there only children in car accidents, or to cancer.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Has your car ever not started and you prayed for it to please start? Did It?

The same thing often happens if you swear at it and thump the steering wheel.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I could never understand why God would intervene for your alternator when he would not for my sister, or the other families I know who have lost there only children in car accidents, or to cancer.

I can only reduce it to a state of grace and somehow being at the right place at the right time, much like synchronicity, not luck mind you...as luck is associated with blind random chance.

I cannot account for why bad things happen to good people, but I've come to the realisation that some peoples lives are associated with grace, being in tune to the energy of the material as well as the spiritual worlds that make up the substance of our lives, and a benevolent Higher Power.

It's not as if my life is some kind of magical mystery tour, as it were, with all kinds of wonderful things happening in it because it's not. There's suffering enough that exist in my world as well, although not to the degree as personally having cancer, or having a child of mine to die, we all suffer uniquely in different ways.

One day suffering will more readily visit me in it's own format as well, be it on account of myself acquiring some disease or malady, by losing my loved ones in death or maybe even my own life as I have a medical condition which can cause me to lose my life at the hour of sleep.

I just can't answer for what I've not experienced. I don't, however, think that God is an uncaring entity who's as an absentee landlord as he would have to go around and miraculously save any and everyone whoever walks on the earth from harm, as if a genie or even Superman, and where would his measure of saving come to an end?

I don't know why God allowed the victims of the destruction of the World Trade Center to suffer, the Tsunami tragedy, 6,000,000 slaughtered by the Nazi's at the hands of Adolph Hitler, not to mention Mussolini, Jim Jones, Jessie James and you could go on forever to the begining of time. Suffering and evil has and always will on this side of heaven, exist in one form or another, and I'm not making light of your sufferings by no means, because no ones trouble is as great as the one to which it belongs to.

All our troubles are significant in our own way, and unfortunately for some, it worse than others. I however still believe in God's Justice and more importantly, His mercy, which can show up at the most inopportune time. For many of us, it didn't come soon enough, but how we suffer is more important in this world, than why. For me personally, its the learning everyday, how to suffer my troubles correctly, to find a means to get beyond it, that I might continue with the business of living.

• tata
    tata

As it says Robert Langdon (Da Vinci Code), FAITH is something incredible?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes he intervenes every day, his name is me.

Lord, we cleared this land, we plowed it, sowed and harvested it, and we cooked the harvest; it wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank the Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat. Amen.

Infidel prayer from the movie "Shenandoah"

• BrainlessVenus
    BrainlessVenus

Nope. I think the idea of g-d is intended to give human beings a means for dealing with the pain of life. It follows, that when something good happens, it's G-D's will; when something bad happens, G-D is testing us; Things change when you as a human being WILL it, you get your act together and do something to change it; OR wait for the circumstances to change, but that hardly qualifies as divine intervention. So where does this leave us? What is really the alternative to G-D?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit