JWs at My Door - and the Answer to a Prayer

by hemp lover 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Didn't you people see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory? They transported a whole huge chocolate bar all the way across the room. Even made it small...

Boy do I wish that was true hahaha.

Thanks for sharing Hemplover....interesting story. I am not surprised they didn't come back.

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for the good story!!! That was great.

Anytime you want to relate another one, go right on ahead!

bebu

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Hey, Bebu, maybe I will. You're one of the posters I was referring to when I said I enjoyed reading others' experiences.

If they ever come back, I plan to take a page from your book re: Christ being the mediator for only the 144,000 . . . or maybe I'll just answer the door with a power tool in hand. Depends on my mood, I suppose.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I'm not sure your correct on this. Last night I downed I few jars at the pub, and woke up in bed this morning. I have No recolection of moving through space or time from the pub to bed. My only conclusion is that darn bar tender's using her teleporter on me again

That would be the beer bike...gets you in all sorts of trouble i believe

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Great story very enjoyable read! It's great to see I wasnt' the only one who said "I'll get back to ya on that" and then never even tried! I never even wrote down the addresses for return visits I always thought I was a bad JW now I know I was just one of the same lol!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Currently I have them digging on why God punshed and killed 70,000 of the Israelite for David taking a census. Seems abusive of God to do such and that is what I told them. I asked them why would I want to honor or worship such a God.

Balsam - I love this point. God's acts of brutality in the bible and enormous ego are precisely why I realised that hard as I tried I never really loved God even when I would spend hours praying as a repenting JW.

If I met a man who got insanely jealous and murdered thousands of people if everyone didn't worship him he would be right out of the door. Surely I should expect better than that from God, but after all we were repeatedly told he was a "jealous" God. Did anyone every really get why it was okay for God to be jealous, but we, although made in his image, were not allowed to be jealous - except of course when it came to true worship?

Maybe it really is a case of man making God in man's image rather than the other way round!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

bttt for all the new people. I can't believe it's been seven years since I posted this! Reading through it again is a trip down memory lane - so many great people on here who don't post anymore.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

And new ones who still post here while appreciating what went before.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Agreed

You know what else struck me when I reread this thread today, seven years later? The incident in the OP is the last time I prayed. That was a turning point for me in opening my mind to the possibility of the nonexistence of a god. I capitalized "Him"! I'm still open to evidence, but I don't need to pretend I'm talking to him (lower case) anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit