watchtower red flags

by Ticker 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    The Bible is my basis.

Well actually, no it's not. Your basis is the Governing Body's interpretation of the bible. There's a huge difference.

The apostles had varring ideas on matters at times and argued about them. They had to wait untill they were set straight.

And who exactly was it that "set them straight"? No one did. They simply argued amongst themselves until Paul generally won the argument, not because he was in the right, but because he knew how to enforce his beliefs upon others. The Governing Body members are no different. They've never got ONE prophecy right in 130 years, yet they still enforce their interpretation of the bible upon millions of others. God doesn't "set them straight", they just keep changing their interpretations and passing it off as "new light" from Jehovah.

In the days of Jesus people did not form their own conclusions as to what to beleive they were "persuaded" to believe.

Yes but they would have been able to talk to eye witnesses of Jesus' death and resurrection which gives a doctrine alot more credibility than hearing it 5th hand. Plus I don't recall the 1st century congregation prophecying that Jesus would start ruling "invisibly" from heaven in 1914, do you?

And where's this "proof" that Witnesses are allowed to have different opinions about doctrine that you were going to produce? We're all waiting to see it.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Has any one ever noticed how many dubbers twist the dubber religion into not what the gov body teaches, but what they want it to be in their mind?

This imho. is what Ben is doing. I have personally witnessed many dub's do this same thing. from arguing that it is a sin to drive to watch 4th of July fire works. to its ok to go out on new years eve and party.

This the reason that it was such a big disaster for the gov body to enact that stupid marking of people that are not quite up to snuff. But who's snuff? That's right, what you feel in your mind is right.

The society thinks they have a grip on their people. but I say if the knew what the rank and file really thought, Freddy brown shoes would do side flips in his tomb.

I am not saying that there are not some that try to hang on every word that the gov. puts out, but even the so called pillars of the cong. as we sarcastically called them. interpret the spew of the gov. just like the rest. So do the ones at bethel, how many of us know ones from bethel, and know things that they do.

I know of several that used to pray on the naiveté of the pioneer girls, and how many he deflowered in his travel trailer no one but he will know, I had a former bethelite stockwell work for me and my father in law, and he really thought that he was and IQ 200, used to take his "Spanish" watchtowers around the hall and inadvertently drop them in front of people, He could not speak Spanish. he was also dismissed for suspicion of being gay. [I have no problem with the sexuality of any one being gay that is tower law]

It was a big let down many years ago for me when I first saw that we were not all this one in tune with god people. We were no different than any one else in the world. our group had good people and bad people. the big diff. was that we just thought we were different and better. we were deluded.

But I am not deluded any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen the silly old men behind the curtin, and now I just feel sick that these fools fooled me and my family for as long as they did.

• battman
    battman

Hi Ben, One aspect of truth, not da troof, is willingness to candidly admit mistakes. Review the results of Nixon, Clinton, etc etc. It is not usually the crime it is the coverup that really takes them done. Real men admit their mistakes and ask for foregivness. The GB are not men in any way shape or form. Sad, very sad. battman

• Hondo
    Hondo

"The beliefes are to do with the main teachings of the Bible.. eg no trinity etc. all the core things...Agin the Bible has to be the meassuring stick if we belive it."

JW Ben, you appear to be a very intelligent person, at least you write as you may be. I don't quite understand you statement above, "the main teachings of the Bible.. eg no trinity etc." I know this is what the JW's teach, as well as other non-christian sect/cults, and is what the Watchtower Society has proclaimed that all of its followers must believe. But, if you sit down and just "read" the Bible, which I supect you have, without any outside interference, such as the bizzare interpretations of the society, you can only come to the conclusion of the concept of a triune God, a Trinity. This idea starts in the book of Genisis, is and is continued into the New Testament. The word Trinity is not mentioned, which is ok, there are a lot of concepts and ideas that are practiced today not mentioned in the Bible.

The Bible is not the "rulebook" of life, but rather the "Guide". If was not even written for us! It was written for the people of 2000-3000 years ago. For goodness sake, if if wasn't for the Catholics, we would not even have a bible today. If someone is going to base his or her entire life solely on the Bible, the inspired, infallible, word of God, then that person had better know that the organization he or she belongs to is inspired and infallible and interprets the Bible correctly. The JW's do a pretty poor job at this, to say the least. To claim to be God earthly "chosen" organization, a Prophet, yet not be able to get predictions correct over the past 130 years, does not quite cut it.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**They've never got ONE prophecy right in 130 years, yet they still enforce their interpretation of the bible upon millions of others. God doesn't "set them straight", they just keep changing their interpretations and passing it off as "new light" from Jehovah.

VERY well said, Mary!!!

Annie

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

:They've never got ONE prophecy right in 130 years

i keep hearing this. does anybody know how many prophecies they got wrong?

pepheuga

• Mary
    Mary

i keep hearing this. does anybody know how many prophecies they got wrong?

100% of them.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but it's A LOT. Here's a link showing them all: http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/dates.html

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hey JW BEN !!!!

Now that I think I have your attention, will you please provide the following:

Your Full Name

Your Full Address

Your Congregation and # (if you know wtf that is)

# of JW's in your family and their names

I want to see if you really believe your drivel that the WTBTS does not mind if you trust the Bible instead of the WTBTS published doctrines.

If you will not provide this information in a reply to this post I must conclude that you are either too fearful of the organisation's reaction or you don't have a clue as to where you live or how many family members are JW's.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

easy guys.. easy..

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I just realized JW Ben is almost 50. How long have you been in "the truth"? The reason I ask is because your answers seem to come form someone with about 3-5 years in, with 2 of those being babtized years. Just curious, b/c you would know there is nothing promoting having independent ideas that is in print from the WTBS lately (easily in the past 20 years), it simply does not exist.

Would you buy a car from someone if he said you could check it out anywhere you wanted...as long as it was one of his mechanics or information guides you used?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit