watchtower red flags

by Ticker 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker

When I was studying and in the org i never did put two and two together becuase first off it was peer pressure and a young baptism age. I was indoctrinated as a child so I never got a chance to ever use sound reason and judgement toword the validity of the society's claims. But anywho I was thinking the other day about certain things that are obvious red flags and far fetched claims that the org makes.

1. First off doesnt it seem a bit wierd that most of the anointed in the bible according to the watchtower live in the us and near pensylvania. HELLO lol Geepers thats a coincidence since thats where russel started the religion. I guess god chose mostly americans for this role. I dont know i found this a little hard to accept, no offence intended though to my neighbour to the south.

2.I got told the other day by elders I was debating with that "jehovah never changes". Well if he never changes then why the hell does his supposed organization change and morph so much in their teachings? If their god is so perfect and unchanging doesnt it seem obvious they are just going with the flow interpreting and pulling at straws with docrines? Hell i can snip and paste scriptures too and make it sound how i want as if god had my back, but it would be cruel and heartless to do to others. Funny how they can live with themselves and sleep at night knowing they do this to 6 million r& f.

3. Freedom of thought, their is none in the org. Are we not supposed to examine the scriptures and test the teaching as to if its true? Yet the watchtower demonizes this act as apostasy toword god. This burns my a$$ because the bible says directly to the contrary. So we are supposed to take humans who make claims of authority at face value and not ever question their teachings? That would amount to blind leading the blind and both falling in the pit, who honestly would ever put that much trust in any other human corporation? No one cuz they are mostly corrupt on the inside. The watchtower isnt making followers of god, their making mindless robots to follow and pedel their crap. They have institued themselves in the supposed seat of jesus christ, in my mind a direct no no according to the bible.

4. Another thing is they are a closed society and all the jargon that only they understand. Its funny now that you can identify these marks, they are so obvious, but under indoctrination you never even clue in to it. And since when does 10 hours in service and 5 meetings a week amount to everlasting life. Hmmmm funny thats no where to be found in the bible.

This is just some things i thought about. Let me know what you think before I rattle on too much. lmao Hope i posted this in an appropriate area of the disscusion forum.

Ticker

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Those are some good points that you bring up. Keep it up. You're doing a good job!

NewLight2

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Hey, I skipped the "elders and Ms" meeting with the overseer last time!

shame on me! All the elders called the same night to make sure "I was OK"!

They never call if by chance I miss a regular meeting!

This religion is made of "outward" acts. not the inner self

• steve2
    steve2
    1. First off doesnt it seem a bit wierd that most of the anointed in the bible according to the watchtower live in the us and near pensylvania.

Yes, Ticker, I used to wonder about this too. As a New Zealander, I felt uncomfortable with the very bland, white American bias of the Watchtower. Sure, they don't get into politics; but given that, at least in the 1980s, most of the governing body were older white American men, you'd have to wonder about their claim to be free from "politics". Their very neutrality stamps them as reflections of whoever currently is in political power; in other words, neutrality is nver neutral, if you know what I mean.

You raise very good points. After I left the JWs in the early 1980s, an acquaintance of mine started studying with the JWs. She contacted me with some questions about them. I said to her that I didn't think she'd make a very good JW. Why not? she asked. Because, I said, your problem is you ask too many good questions and you really like to think things through. Needless to say, she did not become a JW - not so much because of what I said, but because she couldn't stifle those searching questions. Sounds like that's what a lot of us have in common!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Those in power protray themselves as God until they are caught in a mistake, then they are just imperfect humans and we should wait on Jah. Then Jah turns out to be them again with new light.

Ken P.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The reason they are all old white men that live near NY or PA is the same reason most of the higher ups in the Mormon chuch live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Also the same reason only the Isrealites were God's chosen people, do you see a connection?

• JW Ben
    JW Ben

It has been a lond time since i visited this site, I first came hwere just after it opened. and i just came on in for a look and had to respond to this.

You have raised some intersting questions BUT.... They are not valid

1) Where on earth did you ever get idea that most of the remnant live near Pensylvania? The remnant are all over the earth. When a man is chosen to be on th GB he comes from the part of the earth where he lives. In the city where I live in Australia I have personally known about a dozen that have claimed to be of the remnant. The GB has members from several countriies.

2) yes Jehovah does not change. He has had the Bible written for us but dose not speak directly to any human. It is up to us to learn what he has written. Truth never changes, but mans perseption of it does. JW doctrins ( no trinity, hell, imortal soul; paradise earth, only few go to heaven etc) have not changed. Some aspects of their understanding of prophecy have changed nothing wrong with that because they are trying to understand what a prophecy means and how it relates to the world. That why Jesus said we had to dig for undertsanding as we would for Gold. None of the changes they make affect the way we view God, or his purpose for us. Understanding the way a word is used eg "generation" does not chnage the fact that Gods purpose is still on task. It means that they have a broader understanding of the way a word was used and how it could fit into prophecy. The apostles that walked and talked with Jesus missunderstood things that Jesus said. Peter even shot his mouth of over someting that went out to all the belivers at that time, but Jesus never said what Peter thought he said (Read the last chapter of John) yet Peter was still used by Jesus

3) You evedently are under a misconception here. Of course JWs are alowed to have their own ideas if they do not agree with the WTS. and they are allowed to talk about it. The Bible shows that the apostles had their own ideas at times. But in time they were corrected. The only time a JW should get into trouble about having his own ideas, is if they try to convince others they are wrong and not the WTS. ( Sometimes a body of elders in a particular congo do not listen to the instructions given and will act when they should not, that is their fault not the WTS .)

4) of couse they have jargon that they understand. So do lawyers, and doctors and enginneers, and architecs and other religous groups. Their Jargon is not offensive nor hard to underdstand. You have some strnge ideas on what is required. They do not say 10 hrs a month witnessing or meetings a week are necessay for salvation. Where do you get these ideas from? perhaps you were not paying attention when we are told to just do your best according to your circiumstances. There are many many JWs that, because of their circumsatnces, can not get to 5 meetings a week and can not spend 10 hrs a month and they are in good standing with their congs. It is the continued negelcting to meet together (Hebrews 10) for no good reason that the Bible says we should not do not the WTS. Jesus commanded all his followers to preach. The 10 hrs is a month is not a burden and is not a rule, it is only for men that are to recive extra responsability as it is a way of demonstrating that they are in a possition to accept greater responsability.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witness rules:

#1. . . Treat us as if we never make mistakes.

#2 . . . If we ever make a mistake see rule #1.

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

JW Ben

:JW doctrins ( no trinity, hell, imortal soul; paradise earth, only few go to heaven etc) have not changed.

:Some aspects of their understanding of prophecy have changed

would you care to explain this apparant contradiction?

pepheuga

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

JW Ben

one of my biggest grievances concerns your point number 2. If Jehovah does not change, then why does the organisation he purportedly uses on earth, never get anything right?? If it's the one true religion, then what is the point of it constantly spewing forth mistakes, lies and half-truths?

My JW relative claims : Well the organisation is made up of humans and we are all imperfect, so the organisation makes mistakes. OK, but then why is it the one true religion?? Why can't the Catholic religion also be excused by God for making mistakes? Why are JW mistakes acceptable to Jehovah and Baptist mistakes not? Are our mistakes better? What a stupid logic!

I confronted my relative with the child abuse issue and both he and his wife piped up at the same time and

said "Well the Catholics have a big problem too, its now just the JW's"... So you can quite happily lump yourself in with other religions when it's convenient.

I'm sorry, but your argument is false. I would expect the "one true religion" on earth to be reliable and be "true". Otherwise whats the point???

If you believe that you can excuse the mistakes of the Governing Body because they are only human, then you must also excuse the mistakes of all other religions too. The only other choice is the TRUTH publishes only the truth. And we know that this never happens.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.......

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit