RELY ON CHIPS

by frenchbabyface 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena
    Whenever we allow ourselves to become "attached" to something/someone we give over some of our rights and allow that which we desire to enslave us (ref "The Way to Love - Anthony de Millo").

So then do we live our lives without any kind of attachment?

I think when you love someone you automatically give something of yourself to them. Not complete control of your life and body but you assume some responsibility for them thereby ceding over some of your rights to them. Love at times means compromise...but it certainly doesn't mean never having to say you are sorry

As for marrage and the bonding of two people for life....I think we are with the people we are ment to be with for as long as we are ment to be together. And even after you go your seperate ways they can still be a large part of your life. Love is extremely complex and expansive. If you let it be...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Xena:We all have our attachments, however there is a cost accompanying them.
    The question is, how much can we afford, and how much will we tolerate?
    You put it well, when you use the word compromise. There are degrees of that, yes?

Love is extremely complex and expansive.

It can be. It can also be very simple. However I agree that it is usually complex

• Xena
    Xena

So you don't have a problem with a bit of enslavement then LT????

~pulling out handcuffs in anticipation~

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Depends how complex the lock is

• Xena
    Xena

don't worry LT....I promise to unattach you....eventually...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Promises, promises.
    So what's the cost, and will it involve compromising situations?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Xena : The question is, how much can we afford, and how much will we tolerate?

Yeah ... so lets say it could be that way I can give you as much as I can don't ask me more than you give ... and vice and versa (of course)

Eddited to add : I can (is still limited to "whatever").

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FBF:

and vice and versa (of course)

Of course!
    It cuts both ways, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

Does this then take things into the realms of conditional love? Or are we just saying that the love is unconditional, but the degree to which it is given is limited?

I would suggest that the more we give, the more we empower others...
    (that isn't necessarily a bad thing, however I do believe it's a reality)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

LT,

I would suggest that the more we give, the more we empower others...
    (that isn't necessarily a bad thing, however I do believe it's a reality)

I'm ok with that ...

but actually we could be back on : Giving credit were credit is due ... not more not less ... now of course love allow to give way more (but I'm not sure that giving more than deserved can lead to something else than unfairness at the end and missunderstanding and missleading in balance) not sure I've been clear here ...

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I mean we still need a balance in giving more than deserved even because of love (unconditionnal yes - but no missdistribution) at least not tooo much ... (what is the message to the other one if we do or if we do not ... not sure it helps anyone)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit