Bible Prophecy of 9/11

by AshtonCA 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone else knew 9/11 was going to happen before it did? My mother, when leaving the org. back in the early 90's began researching the bible (not the NWT because it was too flawed), she used the KJV and the NIV, she also used strongs and a bible that had both greek and hebrew in it right along side the english. She spent 16 hours a day for 2 years pouring over every scripture. Sometimes I would get 10 or 20 calls a day from her with the info that she'd found.

We as a family would sit down and discuss all of the differences between the WTS's views and what she had found and we were so amazed by what she had found. I was so amazed at her stick-to-itness that kept her going, even when sometimes her health almost failed her from fatigue. Can you imagine going over the bible with a fine toothed comb and relearning 45 years worth of bad info in 2 years?

Anyway, my point is. One of the first things she found and we pondered these scriptures for years. We knew something about towers was going to happen, but we thought that it was the obvious choice, the "watchtower" that was going to fall, but it just never did. Yes, it got weaker and weaker, but as you can see, it is still there. So, we naturally assumed it has got to be something else. Then one day, my mom called and said, I have a feeling it has something to do with the twin towers in NYC, but we didn't know what it meant.

Then on September 11, 2001, my mother was woken by a voice out of a deep sleep (believe what you will here, I don't know if many of you believe that "the anointed" as they were called back in the WT are able to converse with God, but my mom has for years, and I have defended her every step of the way. I will never EVER tell anyone or believe that any person who felt they were "called" wasn't anointed and didn't have a direct line to God. You'd have to live with someone who was to really have a firm belief as I do about this).

Anyway, I digress... My mother was woken up by a voice that told her "The towers are falling, get up!" My mother was in her room alone (she and my dad live together, but they don't share a room, long story). She bolted out of bed and turned on the news and saw that the first plane had already hit the first tower. She called me, I was asleep as well. I saw the 2nd tower get hit. I was all alone and I began to panic, as I usually do when stuff like this happens. for 2 weeks, I never turned the TV off, I watched in horror as thousands of lives were lost that day. We knew it was going to happen, but when it did, it just was so horrible. No one can ever prepare themselves for something so dreadful.

Okay, now, Here are the scriptures that were a forewarning of that horrible event. These are the scriptures we thought were telling us of the WTS's demise, but it wasn't. On a side note to all of this. I believe it's a sign that we are trying to heal from all of this terribleness, why do I say this? I have a 5 month old who was born on September 11, 2004. On this day when so many were mourning their losses, I was in the hospital giving birth to new life. At 10:08 am my sweet little boy Ethan was born at 4 lbs 10 oz and 16 1/2 inches long. He was healthy but small and he is doing just fine. Take what you will, but I think everything is done for a reason... okay, on to the scriptures.:

Isa 30:25 And there shall be upon every lofty mountain, and upon every high hill, brooks and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

Isa 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that Jehovah bindeth up the hurt of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Isa 30:27 Behold, the name of Jehovah cometh from far, burning with his anger, and in thick rising smoke: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue is as a devouring fire;

Isa 30:28 and his breath is as an overflowing stream, that reacheth even unto the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of destruction: and a bridle that causeth to err shall be in the jaws of the peoples.

Isa 30:29 Ye shall have a song as in the night when a holy feast is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come unto the mountain of Jehovah, to the Rock of Israel.

Isa 30:30 And Jehovah will cause his glorious voice to be heard, and will show the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and the flame of a devouring fire, with a blast, and tempest, and hailstones.

Isa 30:31 For through the voice of Jehovah shall the Assyrian be dismayed; with his rod will he smite him.

Isa 30:32 And every stroke of the appointed staff, which Jehovah shall lay upon him, shall be with the sound of tabrets and harps; and in battles with the brandishing of his arm will he fight with them.

Isa 30:33 For a Topeth is prepare prepared of old: yea, for the king it is made ready; he hath made it deep and large; the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of Jehovah, like a stream of brimstone doth kindle it. What has been happening after this is what has been happening in Iraq. You can find this info in the bible too, You want to look for "the king of the north (we believe it's Bush) and "the King of the south (we believe it's Saddam Hussein). Here is part of it in Daniel. Let me know if you get a tingling sensation when you read it too! ;)

Dan 11:11 And the king of the south shall be moved with anger, and shall come forth and fight with him, even with the king of the north; and he shall set forth a great multitude, and the multitude shall be given into his hand

Dan 11:12 And the multitude shall be lifted up, and his heart shall be exalted; and he shall cast down tens of thousands, but he shall not prevail.

Dan 11:13 And the king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former; and he shall come on at the end of the times, even of years, with a great army and with much substance.

Dan 11:14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the children of the violent among thy people shall lift themselves up to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

Dan 11:15 So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mound, and take a well-fortified city: and the forces of the south shall not stand, neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to stand.

Dan 11:16 But he that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him; and he shall stand in the glorious land, and in his hand shall be destruction.

Dan 11:17 And he shall set his face to come with the strength of his whole kingdom, and with him equitable conditions; and he shall perform them: and he shall give him the daughter of women, to corrupt her; but she shall not stand, neither be for him.

Dan 11:18 After this shall he turn his face unto the isles, and shall take many: but a prince shall cause the reproach offered by him to cease; yea, moreover, he shall cause his reproach to turn upon him.

Dan 11:19 Then he shall turn his face toward the fortresses of his own land; but he shall stumble and fall, and shall not be found.

Dan 11:20 Then shall stand up in his place one that shall cause an exactor to pass through the glory of the kingdom; but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

Dan 11:21 And in his place shall stand up a contemptible person, to whom they had not given the honor of the kingdom: but he shall come in time of security, and shall obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

Dan 11:22 And the overwhelming forces shall be overwhelmed from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

Dan 11:23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully; for he shall come up, and shall become strong, with a small people.

Dan 11:24 In time of security shall he come even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them prey, and spoil, and substance: yea, he shall devise his devices against the strongholds, even for a time.

Dan 11:25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall war in battle with an exceeding great and mighty army; but he shall not stand; for they shall devise devices against him.

Dan 11:26 Yea, they that eat of his dainties shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow; and many shall fall down slain.

Dan 11:27 And as for both these kings, their hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table: but it shall not prosper; for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.

Dan 11:28 Then shall he return into his land with great substance; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do his pleasure, and return to his own land.

Dan 11:29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come into the south; but it shall not be in the latter time as it was in the former.

There is more, but yall can look it up okay? hehe.
    Ash
  • AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

oops sorry about the messedupness of this post lol, I fiddled with it for an hour and it still didn't come out right. As you can see, I missed the quote box altogether, or that's how it saved anyway, yeah that's it... It was technology's fault, not mine! ;)

Ash

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Apart from the line you highlighted ("when the towers fall") what part of either of those passages has any relevance to 9/11? Was your mother the only person to whom this prophecy was revealed?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The quote from Isaiah 30:25 could apply - but a normal reading of it would lead one to a completely different conclusion. The rest are completely irrelevant.

So, in answer to the question "was 9/11 predicted in the Bible", I believe you have answered the question with a resounding "no".

• Pole
    Pole

Hi Ash,

You have to remember that although the 9/11 attack was indeed a terrible tragedy to happen, it doesn't even begin to compare with some other terrible events in world history which no-one claims to have been foretold in the Bible.

It was grotesquely "spectacular", it got a lot of media coverage and a lot of people watched the disaster live as it was happening. And it was an attack on the American territory. Something Americans had not seen for a long time. That's why a lot of people tend to tie it in with their personal experiences and give it metaphysical meaning.

I wonder why the siege of Stalingrad where over 1 million people died was never prophesized?

Just think about it: why would God deliberatly plan on letting such events happen? Why would he be so cruel as to play this prophecy game? If you think this was all foretold, then you believe in predestination. This is what follows immediately from assuming these events were anticipated in some bible passages.

Best,

Pole

• City Fan
    City Fan

All those verses in Daniel were about the Greeks, so sorry, no prediction about 9/11 there.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Ash,

You first thought it was referring to the Watchtower, but that didn't happen. Then you thought maybe it was the Twin Towers, and sure enough they came down. (Considering they were previously attacked with terrorist bombs, it was on people's minds anyway, and an apparent target of attack) If they hadn't come down, do you think the prophecy would have seemed to apply to something else?

I'm saying I don't agree that you experienced a prophecy here, however I'm NOT saying you did not experience one. It's just my opinion, which is worth no more than yours and probably less.

Trying to dig prophecy out of the Bible is like looking for patterns in a mosaic tile floor. The patterns are there, you can see them, but they aren't really there to be patterns. It's just that when you put on a certain filter ("I like horses") and then look at the tiles, you see things that match your filter ("Look! A horse!"). If a person that grew up in alaska saw the same tiles, they might see a moose instead of a horse. If you and your mother lived in France, you might have expected an attack on the Eiffel Tower. And when such an attack finally comes, you'd've been right.

Again, just my two cents. At any rate, thanks for sharing your experience.

Dave

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes, thanks for sharing your story.

We have to be careful regarding "tabloid prophecy", this is to say looking for current evens on the news or in daily newspapers and fitting them to biblical prophecy. We also have to be careful regarding how we feel, many had a "feeling" that world war 2 was armageddon. All feelings could have fitted into prophecy.

Wait and see, is my attitude, never assume prophecy is being fullfilled, this can only lead to disappointment.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't believe for a second that the bible fortold of the twin towers collapsing.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No... It's only American arrogance that says that anything that effects the USA must be important... This event means nothing in the long term... Hell it didn't mean much in the short term!

Ps. Get your mom some medical help she sounds mildly schizoprenic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit