WELCOME SASSAFRAS!

It's nice to have you here!

hugs,

Annie

• Brummie
    Brummie

Heey Sassafrass, too darn cool to have another one of your family on here

Welcome Aboard x 1000

If you need to be shown around, give me a call ok... ;)

*muwah*

Brummie

• kls
    kls

KLS, bad monkey, bad!

Brenada i see yous to and you could use a little cat nip or yous need to cough up that hair ball,,,,,,,,,,

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

sassafrass.if you can handle the mean people and the nuts you should be able to have a great time here! lol enjoy and i enjoy hearing your story.

(runs to the store for fresh new unclumped birdseed)

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Sassafrass

There are a lot of kind people here on the board, don't let a "bad chat" scare you off....ok?

It would be great to hear your life experience, if you can share it that is...

hugs,

CodeBlue

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Thanks for welcoming my sis everyone!!! She and my little brother will be here in Seattle in only a few short hours! We'll probably be online tonight together, so I will show her this thread then. So, the three sisters are:

Me (maybesbabies, duh)

Xandria

and now Sassafrass!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Welcome !!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Boa were you in chat with her! (kidding of course!)

Welcome to Sassafrass.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Well, I left work early today, and met my brother and sister at home (Guy had picked them up at the airport). We had lunch at Rory's Pub and Broiler, had a few bloody mary's, and walked along the shore and down on the fishing the pier. We saw the strangest sight! A Canadian goose, which we originally encountered on our approach to the beach, and who honked threateningly at us as we passed, had shacked up with four mallards, 2 male, 2 female, and we saw them all begging for food together on our way back. In the space of about 15 minutes he adopted this little flock, and was walking in line with them, behind the two males!!! They seemed to accept him completely, even laying down with him next to a park bench. When they all got up to return to the water, he got up and followed them in, paddling off together all in a row, the goose an oversized silhoutte sandwiched between two pairs of smaller silhouttes outlined by the afternoon sun.

We made our way to Guys fathers house, and had a great time talking while seated around his large oval dining room table, the shape of it drawing us all together in a ring of animated faces and lively dialogue. I was so proud to introduce them to my new father in law!! We talked and shared stories for about an hour, and then came back to our apartment. Guy played DJ, putting on different songs as my sister requested them, as she and I love to sing together. It's our way of bonding, I think. There is one song that touched Guy very deeply when he lost his mother, and he and I lost our mothers the same year. Months ago he had played it for me, and it really hit home. The thing is, it describes my mother to a tee. The song is called "Lila". My mothers name is Lila. It has a chorus at the end of "Turalura-lura-lura, Turalura-lie". That's what my mother used to sing us to sleep with. It has the singer (Don Henley, by the way) describing what he will miss without her in his life. Tonight, Guy played that for the first time for my sister and brother, and it was very poignant. My brother is very stoic, and he just left the room, but my sister teared up with me, and held me. She was in stunned amazement, and like me, couldn't believe what she was hearing. We talked for hours afterwards, with a depth of emotion that I feel we had been lacking for some time. We are family, but we have a hard time opening up to one another. It felt very therapeutic tonight.

Tomorrow, I am going to give them the tour of Seattle. I'm the only one still up right now, lol! Have a good night all, I'll get my sis on here in the morning!

• sassafrass
    sassafrass

Welcome Sassafrass!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit