1919 Cleansing

by IP_SEC 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• heathen
    heathen

yep that is a stretch truth_about_the_truth. just more dogma that the WTBTS likes to use in order to convince people they are the modern day nation of Israel .I've read the climax book and there are alot of parallels drawn to how they left their captivity and much like the ancient nation were allowed to bring temple treasures back to the temple ( spiritual truths being the temple treasure ).

Also from what I've read they also accuse the apostate religious leaders of paying off those that locked them up . That way they could work the revelation scripture showing that gifts were exchanged , revelation 11:10 . Some guy named Ray H. Abrams wrote a book about the situation in 1933 called Preachers Present Arms. Upton Sinclair also seemed to agree with the assessment but I don't see any facts besides opinions offered .

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

The book was "The Finished Mystery" the seventh volume of Studies in the Scriptures, the so called posthumous work of Pastor Russell.

Many Bible Students recognized that the book was a fraud and that it was one of Rutherford's first attempts to deceive the brothers and create a new faith in Rutherford's image. Thousands of Bible Students quit the Watchtower and set up there own groups.

• one
    one

Heat,

Also from what I've read they also accuse the apostate religious leaders of paying off those that locked them up .

most likekly true but the WT asked for it, as they concentrated their message talking against other religions, until recently WT found pleausre in finding derty laundry, instead of just talking about "good news", well as political people know, it is more effective denigrating the other party...

Robert,

"The Finished Mystery"

How could i forget that... by not going to meettings you start to foget details
  • johnny cip
    johnny cip

the whole 1919 idea is bullshit; do research on the sedition act and esponage act 1917, rutherfraud got off easy. and they were still preaching the same crap after they got out of jail that they were preaching before, 1799, 1844, 1873,74 ,78, 81 1910, 12 ,14 15 18 ,20 21 25 etc. in fact they even got wackier once they were let out of jail. that 's how i know the wt is lying. in 2005. just read some wt's from 1914-1931

• heathen
    heathen

It's hard to say how much of it is factual . The WTBTS was even accusing the catholic church of mafia style violence against their organization. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some connection but really all we get are accusations without proof , there were no official charges brought against the catholic church for anything the WTBTS accused them of . Unlike some of you I don't think it right for religions to use corrupt government as a tool to persecute each other . Freedom of speach is guaranteed in the bill of rights , all that makes it look like is the WTBTS was on to something much like they were on to the catholic church cover up of child molesting priests and then they had to be silenced . I love a good conspiracy theory ..............

• one
    one

what is sedition?

"Sedition the federal crime of advocacy of uprising or overthrow against the government or support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches, publications and organization."

You can repetat and re-write things during peace time you could not do during time of war...

did i mention Iraq war early 1990's and NGO/UN association coincidence?

• one
    one

The "Finished Mystery" and similar books such as the one title 'religion a racket etc' were real stupidity, wheter they trully beleive or not, surely it was to gain followers by exposing negative info about the 'competition', not to mention that Russel, Rutherford etc were probably initially sincere who developed into intelligent nuts .

That is what happens to most people i have known that takes bible too seriously, then NOT being able to make sense of it they loose their own senses. LOL

Just like anything in life... remember the comics about the crazy scientific in his lab...

• observador
    observador

Oh yeah!!! In 1919 there was a cleansing in the penintentiary when they were released.

Observador.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I think the wbts is about to see another cleansing of a slightly different nature.

They are trying to do some of the same things that were done to Rutherford and his cohorts, to their own followers.

That is to stop the negative information on the internet from getting to the rank and file, by punishing and df''ing any and all who would spread this through the religion.

Publishing the flow of information negative to the the efforts of the US is what got Rutherford and his cohorts punished and in prison.

Outoftheorg

• lurk
    lurk

one.. thank you for the info i see what you mena about the war timing interesting perspective

release in 539 was the end of punishment for a guilty nation. served there full sentance laid down by god in with no time off for good behaviour can't see how is that the same as 1919 ,the prison sentance and getting off.any way its amazing if they link it to that.

lurk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit