1919 Cleansing

by IP_SEC 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ok, according to the RiGCaH, PAtDP, and IPaLfaM I and II the Jewish restoration prophecy fulfilled in 537 BC has an antitype in 1919 AD when the WT officers were released from prison.

This is obviously a central teaching of the slave. They say they were exonerated of all the charges that caused them to go to prison, and because of their faith they were accepted as the slave at that time. Well I know it?s a bogus claim from reading the context of Matt 24:45 but I?d like to verify their account of 1918/19 with an external source.

Do official records exist to show what those charges were, and the circumstance under which they were dropped?

Perhaps there is an old thread on this you could point me to?

Muchos Gracias and good night to yall.

IPSec

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

ya its in the proclaimers book, pg. 126 hahaha just kidding! but seriously im sure it is. and that's as official as you would ever get from a dub

bethel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Try getting a copy of the United States vs. Rutherford, et al. court transcript.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Witness Inc. has the transcript!

http://www.witnessinc.com/ordering%20materials.html

#286 RUTHERFORD V. UNITED STATES: Read the exciting case of Joseph F. Rutherford, the leader of Jehovah's Witnesses who was found guilty in 1918 of "conspiracy to violate the espionage law" and sentenced to 20 years in the federal penitentiary in Atlanta, GA. All the dramatic court testimony is presented in two large volumes. Here is one of the most controversial trials in the history of American religion. $24.95. PLUS ANY 3 FREE AUDIO TAPES

• FairMind
    FairMind

On page 55 in James Penton's book Apocolypse Delayed he mentions that the WT leaders were convicted of sedition under the American Espionage Act. Seven (including Rutherford) were sentenced to 20 years and one other was sentenced to 10 years.

FairMind

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

537 BC - Jews return to Jerusalem from Babylon

1918-19 - A bunch of men return to NY from prison

Sorry...I just dont see the connection

2005 - The fact that I returned to my bed after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night this morning can also serve as the antitype.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This was covered in a thread 18 months ago.

The WTS proved a mis- trial on the grounds that the judge had upheld one of their own objections when they argued he should not have done so.

The re trial never happened cause bythen the war was over, and nobody could be bothered.

They were NOT exonerated. They ARE still lying about what happened then. They DONT preach the truth as understood back then. They ARE lying now about so many things, and threatening - beating any other slave who has the courage to challenge them.

HB

• one
    one

On page 55 in James Penton's book Apocolypse Delayed he mentions that the WT leaders were convicted of sedition under the American Espionage Act. Seven (including Rutherford) were sentenced to 20 years and one other was sentenced to 10 years.

FairMind

"exonerated", "dropped" or "no guilty"?, there is a differece...

"Sedition the federal crime of advocacy of uprising or overthrow against the government or support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches, publications and organization."

The WT badmouthing about the usa, other nations and the UN, could be considered sedition under some circunstances, GULF WAR etc

BTw around the 'gulf war was when they became associate to the UN and stopped badmouthing and talking abouth seven headed beasts etc

can you connect the dots... ? the more i think about it the more i beleive the WT wa forced to stop comparing nations and the UN to beast.

• lurk
    lurk

did this have something to do with the letter they wrote to the nazis saying they had the same goals?

i be surprised siding with the enemy was just let go

lurk

• one
    one

Nazis?, no, they went to jail around 1918, as far i remember it had to do with a book the WT published around that time which the usa authorities considered a sedicious publication. Eight (8) WT officials were found guilty, convicted, went to jail, locked for abut 9 month, the WT continued to fight the case in courts and the the WWI ended and they got out of jail.

BUT they had to remove, i dont remember how many, pages from the book, i dont remember the title of the book either.

THAT precedent is what got me thinking about the NGO/UN asociation and the fact that the WT has not continued showing pictures about the beast in Revelation as representing the USA BRITAIN the UN etc.

The Iraq wars (seen by islamic as holy wars, the mother of all wars etc) and other wars have a key religious element, all of that and more could have placed the WT under the 'sedition radar'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit