I don't think God is fair./what do u think?

by wednesday 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jez:No worries. It's not like we're paid to write here, eh? It's a hobby, yes?

Get well soon!!!

DarkUncle:
    Looks more like people's assumptions of what He's like, from subjective experience, huh?

Ko38:Looks like someone needs to leave their judgementalism behind...

Six:

Cherished beliefs that have no evidential foundation. The everyday insanity of the everyman.

A very human preoccipation, that isn't limited to religion

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Well said Mr. Toe

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    : ........The everyday insanity of the everyman.

yourself included?

I'm sure I harbor some beliefs that would be difficult to let go of (though off hand, I can't think of any. Dodge is better than Chevy?). All in all though, I made it my business when leaving the WT, to not believe things, ever again, w/o a solid foundation of real evidence. Deep down, as a Witness, I think I suspected that if I did all that deep research to really understand 1914, messianic prophecies, biblical inspiration, etc etc... I would not find the foundation. I think some part of me knew I should have heard some hints at those foundation by now, if they existed. I try to approach all things this way now. It's no sin to withold belief on matters until you have evidence, and it's only a sin to be wrong if you wont change. But yeah, holding a belief for which you don't have real evidence for, is a first step to insanity, imo. How much better would the world be if people like Son of Sam realized that spirit creatures don't talk to us, so "I must be having an episode"? We don't know exactly what makes people schizo, psychotic, bi-polar etc. We do know how to teach people to sort the evidence for their beliefs. Unfortunately, we still don't really prioritize teaching that, as religions would not likely exist anymore, and we can't have that, now can we?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Six,

I appreciate your response, However, being raised as a dub, is what drove me to want answers.

We do know how to teach people to sort the evidence for their beliefs. Unfortunately, we still don't really prioritize teaching that, as religions would not likely exist anymore, and we can't have that, now can we?
    I disagree, there are many personal testimonies which are, at least in my case inexplicable. And religion has nothing to do with my faith.
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Life is not fair either

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:at least in my case inexplicable.

Inexplicable we can deal with. It's when people make-shit-up to explain the inexplicable, that I consider the beginning of loopy headedness.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It's when people make-shit-up to explain the inexplicable, that I consider the beginning of loopy headedness.

Yes I would have to agree on this one

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    the beginning of loopy headedness

LOL, Im trying to remember if Ive been accused of that.

• Jez
    Jez
    Jez:
    No worries. It's not like we're paid to write here, eh? It's a hobby, yes?

Get well soon!!!

LittleToe: I took the day off work to try to improve...damn cold, had it for a week, tried to sleep and just ended up laying in bed till 11am. I can't sleep in, I can't sleep during the day so what a waste of time.

Anyways, about the 'moral of the story' regarding Adam and Eve. I am guilty of still taking things literally sometimes. But I am learning. I have often thought about the story of Adam and Eve. IMHO, I believe it is a myth about how man began and what motivates humans. I give it just as much merit as I do Little Red Riding Hood or any other fable. I believe you weight this story more than just a story and while I do find it interesting, I don't think it has anything to teach us anymore. It is a man's perspective on why the world is the way it is.

Maybe it is not a story of how physical death came about, rather just a story about the progression of civilization.

Jez

• onacruse
    onacruse

God doesn't need to be fair...

after all, he's God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit