my funny mother...

by mrsjones5 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TomCat
    TomCat

Funny Funny

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I wish my mom was funny, she was just plain cranky.

My girlfriend was a witness and left the same time as I did. I showed her how I felt about being a witness and the next thing you know she stops and has never gone back. Anyway her mom left the truth years earlier and as of a few years ago came back into the organization, just as her daughter leaves, so her mom has always got her children gifts and Christmas things even as a witness she celebrated birthdays and she is a real hoot. Got to love her.

I use to every year for lets say at least 15 yrs have a family gathering at my home on Christmas. Everything I used was red, green, silver and gold a huge turkey and all the fixings and yet not one of them would admitt to themselves that they were border line celebrates of Christmas. I always did it on Christmas day because I never got over the fact we could never have Christmas again. But they all came every year and thought nothing of the theme. Maybe they wore blinders that day. Even Christmas pudding didn't phase them.

Deep down in my heart I never forgave my parents for becoming witnesses and because Chhristmas was so important to me growing up I had this celebration in my home and they never got it.

They wore blinders that day.

Oh well it is funny.

Orangefatcat is some sneaky eh?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Your mother is great! You mean more to her than the religion. Yep, she's great!

Oh Brummie I can't agree more!!

She sounds like my mother, bless her cotton little sox.

~Beck~

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well that's cool and yeah funny somehow (actually to me it might not be a conflict but a very sain way to not bother herself with things that really shouldn't matter at all ... unless she have a real conflict as you think ... that's she is just smart, and prove that she have an interesting sense of humor !!!)

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

all JW moms (and dads) should be like yours......

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

all JW moms (and dads) should be like yours...... Amen!

• kj
    kj

My mom is funny like that too! Won't be in the same room with my DFd father-in-law, but will buy my son a whole box of adorable Christmas ornaments. I just don't get it.

• Special K
    Special K

sounds like the J.W.'s never captured your mothers heart but you did and that's the way it should be.

Special K

• jwbot
    jwbot

oooh! I want chocolates!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My Husbands Grandmother who is a die hard JW...gives Birthday money to all of us. I still find it funny how she does that. She used to just give it to them in a blank envelope before or after the birthday...Now she has Cards that say Happy Birthday. She is so funny and sweet. It just makes me feel bad that she still believes in it and has people walking all over her. She is such a great wonderful person with a great heart.

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit