I hear this crap all the time!

by Schizm 60 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

melba thanks for posting that! I could hear Johnny's big baritone singing it while I read the words ... I just loved the way he sang that line "Bouwnd - by wharlled desahhh, Ah fell into a ring of fiarrh". Love you Johnny! You were one of the greats! Pope

• Gordy
    Gordy
    Christendom claims that we all have immortal souls, from the time we're conceived.

Christendom may claim it, but the Bible doesn't say we have an IMMORTAL soul at birth, we just have a soul. Its not until God grants the soul immortality does it become immortal.

If the spirit of a man has no existence apart from the body, why does Stephen, just before his death in Acts 7:59 pray to Jesus to "receive my spirit"? How could Jesus receive Stephens spirit if a mans spirit ceases to rxist at death?

If the soul dies when the body dies, how could the "souls" of those who had been "slaugthered" (Rev 6@9-11) cry out "with a loud voice"?

If the soul is the person, how could the soul go out of a person (Gen 35:18) or come back into a person (1 Kings 17:21,22)

If the is no more than the life of the person, why does: 1) Uriah show that the soul is more than life when he states "As you are living AND as your soul is living" (2 Sam 11:11) 2) 3 John 2 makes a clear distinction between the good health of the life and the welfare of the soul?

AS YOU SAY "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP" THAT THE WATCHTOWER FALSE PROPHET, PRETENDS IS TRUTH.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Christendom claims that we all have immortal souls, from the time we're conceived. The WTS says that's not true.

Well, that line of logic holds water...

bebu

You might want to reconsider what you've said, Bebu. It's quite obvious that what I said went right over your big head. "The WTS says that's not true" = The WTS's view is that isn't the case. It might also help if you'd stop quoting me out of context.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gordy,

Upon reading your profile I learned that you were "a JW from 1971 to 2000". That having been the case, you should know the answers to each and every one of the questions you proposed. Obviously, much the same way as Polecat, you just want to argue.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    On the other hand, the resurrection concept bugged me, too. When I'm resurrected, will it really be "me"?

The resurrection is about restoring LIFE to the individual, Dave. Of course you won't be, but even if you were brought back having 10 fingers on each hand it would still be YOU, the individual, that will have been brought back to life.

• Schizm
    Schizm

BTW, anyone who wishes to see a photo of Merle with Johnny Cash may click here: http://www.planetshandar.com/cash/kilgorecash.jpg

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay I need to vent. I just spent 2 hours writing a response to Schizm and then when I went to copy part of AlmostAtheist's post, my $@$#&% Windoz crashed and I lost the whole thing. Again! This happened to me the other week too. I'm getting sick of this.

So I'll just say that I think Schizm is wrong and leave it at that. I would go into more detail, but in fact, I already did and I'm not in the mood to write the whole thing all over again.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Leolaia,

Try saving your posts in notepad or Word as you go along. As long as it's pasted into notepad before copying to the forum you won't get any formatting errors.

Schizm,

I'd love you to see you try and answer some of Gordy's points. In fact I'd love you to try and answer anything really.

Think of this. Let's say one day very unfortunately you popped off. God then thinks. Hey, I actually liked that little Schizm, let's resurrect him. So he recreates you with the exact same personality, memories and body. Would this really be you or just a clone of you (Think Blade Runner). Without an immortal soul to put back in wouldn't you still be six feet under with your clone running around happily in paradise.

• Pole
    Pole

Lol. So now I'm a Polecat because "I just want to argue". Your logic is compelling Schmizm.

So all Jehovah can offer is a massive cloning scheme during the 1000-year reign of Fred Franz and Ted Jaracz?

Pole of the "no sense in anyone arguing with me, since I'm dead set against the WTS and anyone that holds to anything it teaches" class
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    On the other hand, the resurrection concept bugged me, too. When I'm resurrected, will it really be "me"?

The resurrection is about restoring LIFE to the individual, Dave. Of course you won't be, but even if you were brought back having 10 fingers on each hand it would still be YOU, the individual, that will have been brought back to life.

Consider this: You die. God recreates your body and brain, and imprints the knowledge, memories, etc into the new you. Is this person really you? (You would answer 'yes')

Ok, now imagine the exact same scenario, except you don't die. God creates another body and brain exactly like yours, your memories, your knowledge. Is THIS person really you? Or is it just a copy?

To me, those sound like the exact same thing. So the resurrection just doesn't work for me.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit