Why Is A "Non-violent" People So Violent To Its Young?

by steve2 24 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

upside down

you make some very good points.....

"ceasars law" does stop them in many ways from being even worse....

• steve2
    steve2

u/d I totally agree with your biting list of all the behaviors that characteristically accompany the JW lifestyle. On the totem pole of hateful acts, I guess some might consider beating a child lower down in severity. Equally, however, my premise is not as inaccurate as you say: Notice that the question I asked in the thread title is, Why Is A "Non-violent" People So Violent To Its Young? - the word non-violent is in speech marks, implying that it is not meant literally, but merely as frequently claimed by them.

• upside/down
    upside/down

"touche"- you're right, I stand "corrected". lol

u/d

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I often thought that children who grew up being beaten at the KH probably grew up relating pain and punishment to being at the KH. So instead of warm fuzzy feelings they probably grew up to resent the whole deal. It's much like shunning. For some reason we were all lead to believe that punishing a person by shunning them was something that was beneficial to them, but in most cases it just drives them further away from wanting to have anything to do with the WT religion. I always had problems with people hitting their children. It only makes sense that those who grow up being hit are going to think it is OK to hit too. In my opinion there are better and more humane ways to teach your children to behave.

cybs

• heathen
    heathen

upside/down -- does have a point , with that kind of mentality I think religion has proven that it would be far more abusive if only it had the freedom to do as it wanted to . The catholic church proved throughout the dark ages just what kind of sick and degrading acts christians can get away with if given the opportunity . The puritans that first landed on plymoth rock also showed a lack of compassion by murdering people they believed were witches . These are all the reasons why a sepperation of church and state is in the constitution and also in the bible .It always disturbs me to hear the christian fundies wanting more and more control over the government. I am surprised the jehovah witnesses haven't succumbed to their petty desires to humiliate by having stocks put in the churches where they can lock people up to spit on and insult .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit