Not Having Kids in 'This System....'

by lonelysheep 40 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissee
    chrissee

I remember of a sister & brother that had decided not to have children. then about 7 years into their marriage the husband wanted a kid, but the wife did not. But according to 'honor thy husband' she had to have one. then she did have a second child a couple years later too. she was a loving mother but she was an auxilary (sp?) pioneer and didn't want it to affect her time, I guess.

Myself, I was pregnant before marriage and my mother was not really angry, she had been telling me for a couple of years that she wanted a grandchild, and I would laugh and ask if she wanted a son-in-law with that...LOL

I kinda didn't want kids, just the pain of pregnancy scared me. but when I had kids I probably would have had a dozen if my husband didn't get the vasectomy after the 2nd one...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Freaky JW quotes about not having kids/marrying in "this old system"

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/children.htm

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm very happy, at ease and comfortable with my decision not to have little ones due to health reasons. If all systems would've worked property I would've had at least 2, but preferrably 4 for sure. I enjoy kids very much. Our nieces and nephews have us in the palm of their little hands!

Now, I've known of cases where the couples are miserable. Then, of course there the ones that expected to be in the New System by this time, and are this late trying to conceive. It's a tough road ahead for many now having kids in their late 30's, mid and late 40s. Poor bastards. I truly hope they become pregnant.

There's this couple that waited for the New System, then when the female was in her early 40s got pregnant and they were so joyful and so were many of us for them. The baby was born with birth defects, one of them being down syndrome.

Thanks WTBTS for the false hopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta give it to them, though; you should see them. They're as firm and devout JWs as ever.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

iiz2cool,

Men have children well into their 80s! It's us poor women that have plenty of problems after the mid-30s.

Like in any situation, there sure are exceptions. I've heard of women giving birth to healthy babies well into their 40s, 50s, and 60s. Strange that normal women, without hired help, would want to give birth to children at these ages.

DY

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Did you or anyone you know subscribe to this thought, and what was the end result? Were you/they happy with this decision?

My little sister who is 4 years younger means actually 33 suscribe to it ... but I have the awfull feeling that it's all about her husband "need to be in good standard" Elder (became an Elder only after a little time studying and 4 years after he've been JW - and that talks by itself aabout what Kind of guy I am talking about) imposed her ...

So the result : she is in need to raised Dogs Shiwawa's (that's good enough - cause she can make money with it - nothing is wrong with that for her husband of course)

Now when I've tried to get in contact with her by Internet via e-mail he is actually the one who answered to me to respond to : "how are you doing why aren't you answering my mail - as we talked before on the phone and she was so happy to talk with me, and told me to e-mail her) the answer came out like this : We've got your e-mail (nothing more)

Of course that got me crazy (cause I've took precautions about her, to not talk about what they call apostate statements) And wonder how this guy dared answering to me a plus that way, when I just wanted to communicate with my sister.

So I've wrote the an inflamatory E-mail ... saying someone how Sick this answer was and if they think it is that way there gonna get my back to JWLAND well get my point THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I'M OUT ... and Oh ... : After a call to my mother - my message to my sister - and my sister's answer as it was him who effectivly answered the e-mail and to not being made at him because he is like that - UH ??? !!!! I don't care damni't - I care for HER !!!) ... I've got a double answer on the same e-mail with lots of bulshit about how much they love me (my sister don't know me that much we didn't live very long together that's why it was important for me to get in touch with her) and in that e-mail she was telling me how she feels alone and that's why she have dogs that she actually love a lot cause they don't feel to have kids in this system ... I've answered that I have hard time believing them of course and when I offer her A SISTER she/they don't care (obviously - but only when I'm treatining their sick JW' attitude), but feel more interesting in having relationships with their dogs !!! ... and as far as I don't believe in their honnesty as people and moreover as JW's, their is no reason for me to finnaly being interesting in having a relationship with them ... I need more LOVE than that to be convinced ! bybuy !

END OF THE RELATIONSHIP ... (I wouldn't be able to get in touch with her anyway ... he is a real controlFreak ... I'm very sorry for her and I can't help here ... they live to far away from me - I just hope she'll get my point).

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Having kids changed my life in a good way, and I'm thinking about maybe being a foster parent when my kids grow up. If anyone is bitter about not having children, it's never too late to adopt. I really enjoy taking care of kids although it is a thankless job at times.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Brooke, I don't see how anyone can have kids and NOT refer to them as 'little swines' or something on that order ... although I tend to use 'weasel farts' and other terms of endearment with my kids.

• seven006
    seven006

JW couples not having children is a great source if income to the watchtower company. They grow old waiting for the end of this wicked system and when they have accumulated a life time worth of earthy goods and a money, they have no children to leave it to when they die, so it is donated to the company.

Their encouragement about not having children in this wicked system has been preached since their beginning and has been a constant cash flow for them. No kid's = no inheritance. And you wonder why they don't pass the plate.

There is more than one way to suck the life out of gullible people.

Dave

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

regrets...ive had a few....not having kids..is def one of them

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I can't imagine not having childen. Now, that ours are grown (ages: 20 and 22) we wish we had more children. Our grandbaby is two but it is still not the same as having your own child, so we are still thinking about having another one...I am forty one so we have to decide pretty soon....tick-tock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit