How do you answer when the witnesses call at your door?

by jeanniebeanz 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

To tell the truth, I am surprised that they call on me anymore since they know who I am. Just curious as to what you all say to them now that you know what they really represent.

Jean

• blondie
    blondie

Don't know, they haven't been in this neighborhood for 3 years according to the neighbors.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Having been there; I am always respectful of them; but make it a point to NEVER engage in any conversation beyond " thank you but I am not interested".

Why bother? They will never understand; and knowing how they think I cannot see futhering the arguement. In their perspective; they represent God and are RIGHT, and no matter what I say, I am wrong.

What is there to discuss? Why waste my time or energy.....I have better things to do.

been there, done that

Frank

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Simple... I don't answer the door to begin with.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Naked

Alternatively, you might like to ask them what would happen if you listened to them, joined their religion and later decided to leave. They will probably tell you that you would be free to do so and that they would not shun you just for leaving. If they do, tell them you've already joined and left. Then watch them walk away.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Often something like: "I'm an ex JW. I think you'd call that an apostate." You should see the deer in the headlights look and automatic nod. It's hillarious!

my bad

• Emma
    Emma

To what ever their initial question is, and they always begin with one, I simply say, "no," and close the door.

I won't spend any time nor emotional energy on them.

Emma

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

the last time the jws came to my door I didnt say much of anything to them. I was holding my infant son and the women (2 of them) cooed at the baby and said they didnt want to expose him to the cold. they gave me 2 mags (a watchtower and an awake - one of them had a coffee ring on the back) and said goodbye. then i watched them from my back patio window as they went to other doors. that was over a year ago the next time the jws stop by I dont think I will say much to them other than "no thank you".

Josie

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Else - Me too. I never answer the door. The kids always make enough noise that we 'prolly get marked HBH!

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

They wouldn't dare chap my door.

BM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit