How do you answer when the witnesses call at your door?

by jeanniebeanz 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I have moved 3 times since being DF'd, to 3 different countries. In those 4 years, I haven't been approached by a single JW. It's obvious they don't know where I am or that I'm DF'd. They just haven't been around. But there is a KH a few miles from where we just moved, so maybe they'll finally come to our door. I'll probably throw the fact that Jerusalem wasn't destroyed in 607 mess at them, if I can even be bothered to take the time.

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

A few months ago two wittness girls called at our door we were brief not interested a little while later we saw two elders around the corner obviously sent to get our reaction we knew the elders

• holly
    holly
    Don't know, they haven't been in this neighborhood for 3 years according to the neighbors

I think they are all in my neighbourhood! they are like ants - everywhere

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I wonder what I would say - but I haven't seen Witnesses at my door in years! I did run across one on the sidewalk a year or two ago, and she offered me the magazines. I recognized her, but not sure from which congregation; I didn't accept the magazines.

• barry
    barry

The witnesses in my neighbourhood of Canberra go around and offer there mags but never offer studies or try to get converts. I know this because I see my customers with piles of WTs and Awakes and have asked them about the witnesses who come to their door and if they are offered anything besides the mags. They only offer mags to me as well and dont try to push their views. They seem like nice people here. Barry

• onacruse
    onacruse

A few months ago, we got our first "cold call."

I was working in the yard, and this nice young elder did the usual schpiel, with his teenage daughter at his side (she said not one single word).

Well, I tried my best to 'work into it slowly,' (reverse "theocratic" stategy, and all that LOL)...but I had to be honest with him, and told him I'd been a JW for 40 years.

Well, it was a pleasant enough conversation, as conversations go, when you're talking to a brick wall.

After about a half-hour, he was ready to move on, and I invited him to feel free to come back anytime.

Haven't heard a peep since.

Like barry says (and hello there, my friend! ), they're nice enough people, all right...just like I was, and you were, and we all were, eh?

Nice does not equate to right; even the SS could be "nice," when the means justified the ends.

edit to add: MM, you live in Idaho. I worked in Ontario, OR for several months (working on the Snake River prison), and did a bit of 'border-hopping' when I was there. Oh my, such beautiful country, especially the Owyhee area. And the hot springs at Nyssa? <---waving at you from cold and foggy Hillsboro.

Craig

• Es
    Es

I turn the tv down real low and tell my son to be as quiet as he can be. Its really ironic I hated it when out witnessing when the householder was obviously home but pretending not to be

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit