DID OUR PARENTS REPLACE BIRTHDAY OR CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITH ANYTHING ELSE?

by diamondblue1974 25 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

what about it...i know for me i got gifts throughout the year but i didnt get as many as my friends did on their birthdays etc....what about you...do you or did you replace b/days and christmas gifts or celebrations with anything else whilst being a JW and in particular anything as personal....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nope.

• dh
    dh

double nope

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A Big Triple Nope

Josie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Being a JW is a cop out for being as tight as a ducks ass... what better or more convenient reason not to buy gifts...its against our religious beliefs...totally wrong....at first i thought it was a cop out but now i can see the actual reasons why the society ban it....for self esteem reasons...as another poster suggested on another thread about a different issue.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Only in theory. In practice, nope.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yep. We have "Present Day" twice a year for our kids. Although this year we celebrated "Festivus"

Birthday and christmas gifts were replaced with hours of involuntary programming from the Watchtower as well as forced slavery on behalf of the Watchtower corporations. The Watchtower removed most of the joy of being a kid from my life. Depriving my siblings and I of gifts was just one minor aspect of the despicable assault on childhood perpetrated by the Watchtower whose modus operandi included coercement of parents to turn their children into slaves for the Watchtower as well as a sickening need to inflict emotional distress on children.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

my parents wedding anniversary was Dec 31. So when we celebrated their wedding anniversary we all got presents. This also allowed them to get in on all the after Christmas sales!

Sherry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My parents never got me shit. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit