How do you explain this scripture?

by Sunspot 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hopefully, WTS supporters will answer this question.

"

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, [ a ] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. "

footnote: a:

Romans 8:38 Or nor heavenly rulers

What do YOU think that it means?

Annie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I always took it to mean that the only one with the power to separate us from Christ is ourselves: by walking away from him.

But then, I have the tendency to oversimplify things a great deal.

J

• helios
    helios

Just take it as it stands. It means just that.

On the day our letters came to appear before the DF elders my wife found that scripture and was wonderfully converted by it. Do try and read the chapters surrounding the text and you will see how the whole thing fits together. Wishing you God's rich blessing

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Jean,

I think the same thing. That's why I get so incensed when the WTS feels THEY have the authority to say who God loves and who he doesn't!

Helios,

Yes, it DOES mean just that. How else could we understand it any other way?

This is why I was hoping that a WTS supporter would attempt an answer, to see what they would say. It's always puzzled me.

Someone on a board like this showed me that scripture after I had just left the WTS and even though I'd seen it before---it blew me away It had a whole new meaning to me (and for me).

If I wait for ONLY JWs to answer this---it will sink into oblivion in a heartbeat, so thanks to those who replied. I appreciate it.

hugs,

Annie

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

That's one of my favorite scriptures. I also think that the little read book of Galatians contains some very interesting insight regarding our relationship with God.... Especially chapters 3 and 4.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

im sure a watchtower appologist would say tie it somehow to the organization...

I always took it to mean that the only one with the power to separate us from Christ is ourselves: by walking away from him.

if you walk away from the organization that jesus chose in 1919 (or in 1914, as the live forever book says), then you walk away from christ. it's as simple as that. if you want to be with God and Christ, you have to be with his organization. they have a stupid answer for everything

bethel

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

to know Him is salvation

Ever see a small child playing and how they look around to see if their mum or dad are there - then they go on playing and doing whatever they do - knowing that their parent is there is life and everything else becomes AOK.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Ever see a small child playing and how they look around to see if their mum or dad are there - then they go on playing and doing whatever they do - knowing that their parent is there is life and everything else becomes AOK.

That is a great outlook A Puduan.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sunspot

Thats a good scripture. The Watchtower thinks they can separate you from the love of God, if they catch you sinning.

I think it means that the Watchtower's NWT (New Way to Twist it) will have to twist this scripture too.

D Dog

• Honesty
    Honesty

Its a no-brainer. The WTBTS is an apostate organisation that is fulfilling Matthew 24:15-16 to a 'T' by separating mankind from Christ:

15 "So when you see the abomination that causes desolation , spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place," (let the reader understand), 16 "then those in Judea must flee to the mountains!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit