Can You Spot A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ko38
    ko38

Yup,easily. 4 door car 4 people dressed up cruising aimlessly in a neighborhood for 20 minutes before they all get out with briefcases.

• helios
    helios

Yes, at least when they are going door to door.

They always walk at half speed. Strange thing that. Here we are in the last days and there is a vital need to preach the good news as rapidly as can be and they just crawl along. I am sure I once saw a gaggle of witnesses actually walking backwards.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When they are out pedaling their rags I can spot them two blocks away because they look very different from other preaching religions:

• Cheap suit
    • White shirt, dark pants
    • No name tag
    • Hand-held book bag (no backpack)
    • Walking really sloooooooooooow.
    • Looking like a salesman but never approaching anyone... instead waiting for people to come to them.
    • Two or three walking together or one standing alone at a corner holding the rags up for everyone to see.
  • TresHappy
    TresHappy

Sometimes, like the obvious ones listed. It's mostly verbal for me though. I tell them I am an ex JW and they usually leave me alone in haste!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

just go to the nearest coffee bar or cafe on a saturday morning at about 10.30 and you will find them.

Either that look for an encyclopedia britanicca salesmen...if he or she lingers on an empty doorstep for longer than a minute then they are JW, probably of the pioneer variety...quite a common specimen apparently.

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

I agree with a lot of what has already been said above. But then, there are times, when none of the above clues is present, and I just know. I can't explain it, I can just feel/sense it. One time I was with some friends getting gasoline - saw a car load of people on a Saturday morning. Even before I could see that they were dressed "up", I knew they were witnesses - just from their faces. Then as I got closer, I saw the dresses and suits, and then finally the literature. But I knew before any visible clues.

- CF

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, in addition to what has previously been mentioned.

A little over a year ago, I went to a lookout I frequent here in north jersey that is now a Sept.11 memorial. You can see the nyc skyline of lower manhattan. There was a couple with their teenage daughter standing next to me. He started telling them, "Imagine what paradise will be like in the new system," and they had smiles on their faces. I immediately knew, and told my husband that they are jw's.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I can spot a mormon, too. Usually because they go out in two's (only men), have on the same pants, same white shirt with a tie and no jacket, their bible...and most of all, walk through the roughest parts of newark,nj and surrounding areas that I wouldn't even walk in...and act like ain't shit ever going to happen to them!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Hum a "kingdom song" if you are wondering. Their ears will twitch.

• minimus
    minimus

We're Jehovah's Witnesses....We speak out in fearlessness....Ours is the God of true proph ecyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit