Sad Today

by whyamihere 33 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Aw, Brooke, I certainly do know how you feel. Talking to a therapist can definately help. Is it possible to get a sitter (or your husband) once a week for a few hours. You need your time, and not getting it can be depressing (I know).

I had both my kids by 23, 2 yrs apart. It's tough! It's gotten a wee bit *easier* now that they're almost 3 & 5, but I purposely take time away from home on saturdays, still. I hope your husband can work his schedule out so that you can do some things you enjoy as well.

BTW, go shopping! Grab the kids, browse Target and enjoy! I do it, too. Look at someone else's walls for a while.

• unique1
    unique1

You aren't bringing anyone down, so don't worry about it. It was a big step to call and make an appointment. CONGRATULATIONS!! I did the same thing a few years ago and it made a HUGE difference. Things will get better. Hope you have a GREAT time at Target!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

(((((WhyamIhere)))))

Sorry you feel this way.

DY

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Brooke,

Why should it be that you make everyone else in your family feel happy while you are sad? You deserve better than that. You should be happy too. Start by doing things you enjoy once in awhile. Everyone needs a break and recreation sometimes. Maybe husband needs to spend a little more time with you too. That might help some of the loneliness go away. Why not tell him exactly how you feel? Maybe he has no idea.

Hope you find happiness and that the loneliness you now feel goes away.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Brooke!!!!!!!

I love you!

I feel so bad for you...

Please know how much I love you! So very very much!!!!

You know my number. Call me whenever you want!

I love you!

Did I say I love you?

I love you!

Love, hugs, kisses,

your loving breast friend bosom buddy love...Nancy

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You sound like me. Most of the time I think it would be nice to just go to sleep and never wake up, would be easier. But then again I remember the few times I have been truly happy, and am determined to get back there. Target is goo dtherapy, tell wehre else is good, music stores where you can listen to the cd's...but that can be expensive, get an IPOD and borrow CD's to copy to it, I have about 4,000 songs so far, always something for any mood I'm in, that helps a lot, too.

The hard part to remember is you were injured, even if it is mental, and it takes time to heal it. Take the time you have been giving to others so much, demand it. If you don't you'll never get better. Even if you just go shopping (ALONE NO KIDS). Also i found that taking my vitamins, extra B12, and St Johns seems to help without the dependence you get when using prozac or the side effects from zoloft.

In the back of your mind you need to know you are OK, you are a gift and obviously people see you as that. And most of all, you are NEVER alone.

W

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

(((((((((Brooke))))))))

Hey you, keep your head up, I think what you are going through is normal for someone who just left the borg. It will get better!

I think what your doing about getting counseling is good, I know I feel like I need it to sometimes, the past year and a half has been real hard for me too, the hardest thing Ive ever had to go through, my husband was everything to me and for him to betray me like he did and leave me to care for my unexpected pregnancy and then DJ was earth shattering for me, but its getting better slowly, and while your hubby may not be there a lot atleast hes there, ya know?

I know the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes is taking some time for myself even if its just a night out once a month, and my friends help me get through it. If you dont have any friends you can turn to or get out with can you leave the kids with family for a night and just spend some time with your hubby, Im sure you consider him a friend.

Well, I dunno what else to say, I think its just a hard time in your life right now, and well, thats LIFE, everyone goes through hard times, and I allways just have to remind myself that "this too will pass"

You got my # if you wanna talk, I know we dont know each other well but I allways like making new friends and you gotta start somewhere, I just wish I lived closer. And b.t.w. I think anyone would be proud to call you a friend, you ARE very funny and fun to be around! lots of love-April

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Hi Brooke,

Oh sweetie! My heart goes out to you. You're so young and have so much to live for to feel the way you're feeling. God, I hate that religion! But your story is so familiar. Tons of us have experienced it. I personally came from the place where you are. You're sooo much braver than I though. I wasn't able to fully express the state of being as clearly as you or to allow others to see my nakedness. We're all at different stages of the post-Watchtower experience. The good news is that it can and does get better.

I'll add my offer to PM if you want.

Sincerely,
    PB

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi Brooke,

Don't feel bad, sweety, there are so many of us who are in the same shoes as you are. I too am alone everyday. I have no real friends, I just gave birth a few months back and no one was there with me while I stayed 5 days in the hospital except my hubby and son. The people I thought were my friends came the day he was born, but never came back again nor called me and they did not come see him until we went to their house a month later.

I have no family here, they are scattered all over the US, and soon to be Europe (my parents are moving to Italy). I am here in this house all day long just like you are, I have 2 sons, an 11 yo whom I am trying to teach at home and not really succeeding, so he will be going to school for the first time in his life in a few months, and a 5 month old who has not seen one family member other than us at all yet. It stinks to be apart from family when no one lives nearby.

I know how you feel about being forgotten, I was adopted at birth and I never bonded with my mother, so she pretty much just passed me over to my dad because all I would do was cry when she held me. Even though were JW's we still celebrated birthdays and my brothers always got the cool birthdays. My mom and dad gave my oldest brother a cool sweet 16 birthday, then I turned 16 the next year and they didn't even get me a cake that year. They said they didn't have enough money, but I know it was more than that. They were very irritated with me, because I had given them a life of hell (I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and they did not know it back then, so I was rebellious, lazy and bratty, and stupid). I never really fit in with them and I think they took it out on me.

Oh, they adopted me through an agency where the secretary was a JW and she had heard about a young girl who had come in who was very pregnant and was about to give birth at any time and who's father was also a JW and was forcing her to give the baby (me) up for adoption because she was only 14. I was adopted to my now parents at birth and I was raised JW until I was DF'd at 23 for sleepig with a guy at my work (who I am now married to!).

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone, in the grand scheme of things, anyway. If you ever want to chat, feel free to email me.

Ash

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Oh one more thing, have you tried looking for other x-jw's in your area? I think there is a meetup page that may have people in your area, or close enough to come visit ya once in awhile. It might be something to look into.

http://www.meetup.com

Ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit