Watchtower Aug. 15, 1968 says to ignore Jesus about tthe time of the end..

by AloneinOh 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Talking about 1975 and the push by the society got me to looking at some older quotes. This one here really bugged me and still pisses me off when I read it.

In this instance they are telling you to forget about Jesus and listen to the society.

Watchtower August 15, 1968

"One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man's existance will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt.24:34) This is, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the son, but only the father." (Matt 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!

• minimus
    minimus

Good one! They clearly pervert the Bible.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the son, but only the father." (Matt 24:36) To the contrary...

This is from the WTBTS' Greatest Hits collection; an all time classic.

• Will Power
    Will Power

unbelievable !

Is this quote on the CD? must know

• upside/down
    upside/down
    rapidly coming to its violent end.

They just can't get enough of the "violent" end. Does how one dies really matter, once your dead you're dead. It doesn't really matter how you go. Does a "violent" death make more of an impression on the dead person? They're DEAD! And it certainly doesn't warm on up toward the one doing the killing.

What if Armageddon came and went with a "whisper". I mean we just wake up one day and all the "bad guys" are dead?

The "God" of the Bible is definitely a "drama queen". So unnecessary. You gotta hand it to 'em, he's a "showman". lol

u/d

• Will Power
    Will Power

They are encouraging the feeling of REVENGE

all those worldly opposers getting their just reward - A Violent Death !!!

and they look down on those spending the price of a theatre ticket to watch violence. They spend their whole life for that ticket to paradise!!

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh
    Is this quote on the CD? must know

No idea....can't help you there.....I don't have any of the cds.

I'm wishing now that I wouldn't have trashed some of my other books. I am going to have to buy them again for reference.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

From the WT CD 2003:

***w68 8/15 pp. 500-501 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975? ***

1975! . . . AND FAR BEYOND!

34 Bible chronology is an interesting study by which historic events are placed in their order of occurrence along the stream of time. The Watch Tower Society over the years has endeavored to keep its associates abreast with the latest scholarship that proves consistent with historic and prophetic events recorded in the Scriptures. Major problems in sacred chronology have been straightened out either due to fulfillment of Bible prophecies or by reason of archaeological discoveries or because better Bible translations convey more clearly the records of the original languages. However, several knotty problems of chronology of a minor nature are not yet resolved. For example, at the time of the exodus from Egypt when Jehovah changed the beginning of the year from autumn time on the secular calendar to spring time on the sacred calendar, was there, in the Jewish calendar, a loss or a gain of six months??Ex. 12:1, 2.

One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man?s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!

Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them. (1 Pet. 4:7) Hence, there was a ring of alarm and a cry of urgency in all their writings. (Acts 20:20; 2 Tim. 4:2) And rightly so. If they had delayed or dillydallied and had been complacent with the idea the end was some thousands of years off they would never have finished running the race set before them. No, they ran hard and they ran fast, and they won! It was a life or death matter with them.?1 Cor. 9:24; 2 Tim. 4:7; Heb. 12:1.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    36 Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them. (1 Pet. 4:7) Hence, there was a ring of alarm and a cry of urgency in all their writings. (Acts 20:20; 2 Tim. 4:2) And rightly so. If they had delayed or dillydallied and had been complacent with the idea the end was some thousands of years off they would never have finished running the race set before them. No, they ran hard and they ran fast, and they won! It was a life or death matter with them.?1 Cor. 9:24; 2 Tim. 4:7; Heb. 12:1.

Don't Dilly dally!!!!

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thank you Ezek

this on their very own CD while they cry persecution whenever anyone says that they did say things like this about 1975.

DENIAL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit