Watchtower Aug. 15, 1968 says to ignore Jesus about tthe time of the end..

by AloneinOh 37 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I have the Watchtower Volume of 1968, I looked up this page, and that article does not appear, I later find a quote in the Sept 15, page 562, quote(Translated by me) "
    "Does this mean armageddon will come in 1975?". Nobody can tell for sure in any year in particular. Jesus said,"Nobody knows the day or the hour, nobody.(Marc. 13:32)"

Well I did not find that article you're talking about? Is the Watchtower in English different in Spanish?

• tepic
    tepic
    Well I did not find that article you're talking about? Is the Watchtower in English different in Spanish?

Actually there is a difference up until a certain year. Unfortunatly the year escapes me. I'm sure it was after 1968. The same article used to appear in different issues.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Well I see if I find such quotes in the Spanish Watchtowers. If anybody knows of any, please post them. Thanks.

• Raphael
    Raphael

And Jesus said

"..take heed that you not be decieved,. For many will come in My name,saying I am He, and "The time has drawn near", Therefore do not go after them".

Luke 21:8

• tepic
    tepic

Well I see if I find such quotes in the Spanish Watchtowers. If anybody knows of any, please post them. Thanks.

You might look in the Sept-Dec WT as usually it was just a few months later

• steve2
    steve2
    "..take heed that you not be decieved,. For many will come in My name,saying I am He, and "The time has drawn near", Therefore do not go after them".

Luke 21:8

I'm surprised that the Watchtower is not assailed more frequently with this scriptural message which is actually a damning indictment on the Watchtower's obsession with saying the end is near.

Does anyone know what the Watchtower writers have to say about this scripture and how they explain it? I bet they do not cite it very often at all, for obvious reasons.

• avishai
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

steve....Pastor Russell named one of his books "The Time is At Hand" which is based on the Authorized Version's wording of this very verse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit