"Train up a boy according to the way for him... (proof against the Dubs)!

by upside/down 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

Proverbs 22: 6 says, "Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it."

I heard this scripture cited at a District Convention and used to show that if the family heads were indeed training their children properly than this scripture would be proved out- because "God" cannot lie. Also, it was pointed out that this scripture doesn't say "he might not" or "probably won't" turn aside- it says he won't turn aside .

Then the speaker had all the young people stand up and asked them to look around at each other. Then he pointed out that by the time they reached 20 years of age that 7 out of 10 would no longer be "in the truth".

Does this not prove that WTS is not teaching "the truth", the fact that so many infact DO TURN ASIDE when they grow old? The oppressive legalistic, rules oriented, TC (theocratically correct), superficial, man made doctrines of the WTS are unsustainable to live by.

Whereas Christ's teachings seem to be easy and are seem to be the "natural" way to live- without the influence of organized religion.

"By their fruits you will know them..."

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

Holy hel!....

I posted one LOSER of a thread...

I can do better than this really.... (maybe size DOES matter?)

u/d (of the loser thread class)

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Look at that scripture again though. "Train up a boy according to the way for HIM". In other words, if you raise him to be a JW and he doesn't want to be one he ain't ever going to

• Preston
    Preston
    Holy hel!....

I posted one LOSER of a thread...

I can do better than this really....

Well..... so far you've posted almost 700 times since december. 1 out of 696 times aint bad...

• metatron
    metatron

I have to wonder about the brother who gave that talk. This is a sensitive area that some in the organization may not

wish to be revealed. After all, a 70 ( maybe more like 85) percent loss rate might be enough to have Witness parents

simply give up - that they are doomed to failure, regardless of effort. Then again, this may be a strong reason why these

talks are monitored by the Society.

metatron

• upside/down
    upside/down

thanks.... you know some kids want all the attention. I probably just wasn't breast fed enough.

It's never too late to start!

u/d (of the la leche class)

• upside/down
    upside/down

The talk was given at the Devaney Sports Center in Lincoln Nebraska sometime around '95 or '96 ish. Some super old "big shot" from Mecca Bethel gave it. Funny how all of these family heads (at least 70%) are failing in their families but still run the congo? Make you wonder...

The talk was focused on the poor job family heads were doing in instilling the truth in their children and how so few were having their family labotomies studies. They were trying to use "shock" tactics, I don't think they realized the can of worms they opened up. I noticed immediately, almost like why are we even trying.

I translated it that Satan was having at least a 70% success rate- he's doing a damn fine job! And that was only till they were 20, I wonder what the figure is at 25 or 30?

u/d

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It certainly should make parents think.... but the reality of being a witness is, that you take on ALL the responsibilty for the "success" of both yourself and your children. Hell, to a large extent, husbands even feel responsible for their wives "spirituality" (which goes against common sense SO much that it is a constant inner conflict for most JW husbands and wives, imo).

Because JW "spirituality is so *organization* based, of course the organization should take the lions share of the responsibility for succeeding with their adherents. That they don't, and instead put it on the adherent, is much of the reason they are so stagnant, and much of the reason JW's are so beaten down and depressed.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

U/D:

Actually a good point. (Remember the kettle, a watched thread never posts )

So if there is a 70% attrition rate from JW kids and 90% of recruits (baptisms) in US/Europe are JW kids...

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'll just blame my impatience on my as yet undiagnosed ADD/ADHD ( I have repressed memories of this "disease", so it must be real). lmao!

u/d (of the undiagnosed and afflicted class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit