Time of the End .... for the WTBTS?

by groovycat. 12 Replies latest jw friends

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

I know the WTBTS have bastardised the criteria for 'the time of the end' and 1914, but as far as I am aware, it will still come while those that were alive in 1914 (not necessarily of an understanding age lol) are still alive, yes?

Now, if we give them all until they are 110 years old (quite generous of me don't you think), that means in 20 years time we should see the WTBTS disappear (or at least be in rapid decline) as all of the anointed are pushing up daisies, and this wicked world is still alive and kicking.

Suppose we could see an increase in field service at old folks homes! Or the WTBTS investing in life support machines!

Could it be this simple, or have I forgotten more than I remember?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh if only --------

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'll vote for THAT!

Annie

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

It'd never happen. You see you forgot one thing...

"New Light"

It comes and goes - at the most convenient times for them.

Regards,

Jim TX

"There's a sucker born every second." P.T. Barnum

• Puternut
    Puternut

The time of the end simply refers to the witnesses themselves. Babylon the Great, which houses ALL corrupt organized religions, that practice one thing and preach the other WILL be brought to ruin. In this case it will be due to the cost of lawsuits against the organization, from the thousands of families who have suffered child abuse.

Then the witnesses will say that 'prophecy' has gone into fulfillment, since Satan has now turned on them, as is stated in Ezekiel. But then nothing will happen, since they are finally out of the borg, and their eyes will be opened regarding the truth about the 'truth'.

We will then welcome then with open arms and say; Been there done that.

Puternut

• FairMind
    FairMind

I know the WTBTS have bastardised the criteria for 'the time of the end' and 1914, but as far as I am aware, it will still come while those that were alive in 1914 (not necessarily of an understanding age lol) are still alive, yes?

Nope! This generation no longer refers to those who were alive in 1914. They can all die and probably will before the end comes. “New Light” resulted in “this Generation” referring to all those who live and die in the time of the end (which could span 200 or more years). This new light was necessary in order to keep the 1914 date as the starting date for the end times and open ending the length of the final days.

FairMind

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

2034 IS THE NEW TIME OF THE END ANYWAY

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Will you save me a seat, stilla? LOL Jean

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've seen this refered to. Has something to do with noe? What is the reference on that?

IPSec

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

120 years of Noahs day - so 1914 +120 = 2034

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit