What's the Longest you ever stayed at one door?

by disciple 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

As an active dub I would stay until they threw me out which is a good thing because I really believed the BS of the WTBTS at the time until the scales fell off my eyes and I learned the truth about the troof. Now I spend my days engaged in spiritual discussions with many JWs even though I am regarded as the chief apostate in this area. Some people just will not blindly comply with the evil borg's directives to abstain from apostates. Maybe they know deep down in their hearts its all a big lie.

• Carmel
    Carmel

It took me three weeks to finish the new glass entrance door last summer, but I got it. No leaks or drafts, just beautiful glass that lets me sit here and watch the sunrise through it!

carmel

• Simon
    Simon

I remember standing at the door (as a kid) with someone who went on and on and on - the whole 7 gentile times, world powers of daniel, you name it.

Even then I wondered what we were doing - the woman obviously wasn't really interested and seemed as incredulous and embarassed as I was.

One of those moments that seemed to last a lifetime while you were in it ...

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

about 1,5 hour at an open door with my daughter, at one time bringing a bible and never invited in at that place.

about 15 minutes for a CLOSED door while the resident first had to get her keys followed up by at least 7 locks she had to open - then said that she hoped that it was important enough for all this trouble,

......seeing the magazines. Smashing the door while crying out "yeah, for nothing"

and I ringed the doorbell again :" WHAT ?"

I told her: " I understand that you don't want to talk to us, but when you don't want us to call at your door, you have the possibility to plainly express that to us. When you do, I will write down your name, thus making sure that nobody from us will bother you again. It is'nt pleasant for us to get such a treatment, do you want us to put your name on a 'don't call list' ?"

Her face was a study, "Is that really possible ?" "Yes" "Oh please, do"

Looking at me if I was her biggest friend........

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

My longest was about 3 or 4 hours. We knocked at the door and this Little Person opened the door. He was Marion Wood, one of the Munchkins in the 1939 movie THE WIZARD OF OZ. Now, being tiny and quite old, he had breasts, so his gender never came up until the very end of the conversation, when my co-witness asked Marion, "So Marion, is it MISS Wood? Or MRS. Wood? And Marion replied, "Uh, it's mister." My companion and I both almost died of embarassment. I wanted to melt into the sidewalk, I was so embarassed. But during the entire conversation, we never touched on doctrine at all. Strange! Love, Jaypeeto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit