How long since you been out in service?

by freedom96 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

16 years..

• glitter
    glitter

Between about 1994 and 1996 - there was a brochure or tract that "everyone had to recieve" so everyone was meant to go and offer it. I thought it was a last push to get the truth out before Armageddon.

• Pole
    Pole

Funny. I got caught up in the religion during the campaign glitter mentions. It was early 1995.

• Poztate
    Poztate

23 Years and proud of it...Look how many lives I saved (from the WT)

I am looking forward to 25 years...There should be a gold watch,pin.. or something presented to everyone who has been out 25 plus years

There should be some perks with the "POZTATE CLUB" LOL...

• Panda
    Panda

Wow I'm thinking that it must've been early 1996 or maybe even earlier as far as cold calls go... maybe 1995??? It still doesn't equal the almost 18 yrs of wasted time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

2 DAYS - I went out on Sunday

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

About 4 years for me.

I recently helped hand out flyers for a neighborhood block party in my neighborhood. As I walked up to the first door, I had what I could only describe as a mild panic attack. All those years of field service came flooding back into my memory as I tried to knock on the door. I had to take a couple of minutes to compose myself and convince myself that I was doing something good and nice this time.

Undercover, I had a similar experience the first time I went trick-or-treating (as a 33 year old adult) with my friends' kids. Walking from door to door I started to get anxious and when we rang the bell, I realized I was hoping nobody was home - then I realized I was having a service flashback.

- CF

• Purza
    Purza

I have pushed the experience of service far into my memory banks. I can almost pretend like it never happened. I guess techinically it has been 4 years.

Funny thing is -- me and my fiancee went door to door in the neighborhood recently to get our neighbors to sign a letter to submit to the city (about a traffic issue) and I got horrible flashbacks. My palms were sweaty when we started knocking. Don't know how I managed 30 years of FS. I prefer to think it never happened.

Purza

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

7 yrs. the last time i went i was invisible..didnt get put in a group.. then finally someone put me with one group and i was asked by someone to switch to ANOTHER group ,

only took me my whole life to figure out i wasnt wanted. nevah again went out.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

1986. that´s 19 years. time flies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit