Appealing my DF'ing, I just sent the letter

by AlmostAtheist 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Guys,

This should be fun. I just sent my JC a letter saying: (as best as I can remember)

To The Judicial Committee:

I would like to exercise my right to appeal the decision to disfellowship me.

Sincerely,

Me

I actually hate to waste their time, but my in-law's were sick this weekend so we didn't get to visit with them one last time. I needed to delay the announcement. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in manipulating things this way, but only to an extent.

We'll see how it goes. I figure I just won't answer the phone when they call. By the time they decide I'm not going to play along this time either, we'll have already met with my in-law's and it won't matter.

Dave

• undercover
    undercover
    There is a certain amount of satisfaction in manipulating things this way,

Yea, it may be delaying the inevitable but hey, if they're gonna f**k with you, I say f**k with them. Enjoy.

• Purza
    Purza

Short, simple and to the point. I like it!

Best of luck to you.

Purza

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

((((AA))))

I sure hope things go your way so you'll be able to see your relatives.

What a messed up religion---where you know that their wrath in putting up some lights will result in this outcome. People who don't know about the lunatic WTS would never believe something like this.

hugs,

Annie

• Will Power
    Will Power

You could make a "Farewell" video to send off to friends & relatives, just in case you don't get a chance before your spiritual death sentence is announced.

Remember the ones made by that cult in quebec? They were saying goodbye to their families, etc. before the mother ship came to get them.

Kind of reverse psychology ..... The WT mothership is about to cast YOU into the land of the spiritually dead, inaccessible to your loved ones.

CULTS SUCK !!!

wp

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes even if you have the satisfaction of wasting at least three edlers time it will be worth it - it will use three elders evenings up

• fairchild
    fairchild

I have not brought this up before, but this is an interesting thought which might or might not help you.

Many years ago, I lived in the city of Gent, Belgium. There was this 'social living' complex in the city. This is a huge apartment complex for families with low incomes. At least 8 JW families lived in that same complex. (heh, makes one wonder why). I hung out there a lot as all the JW families were my friends. Then, one day one of the families their son got DF'ed. The mother was devastated. I was told that JW's no longer talk to people who are DF'ed. But a few days later, I saw the JW mother with her DF'ed son sitting on the front lawn. I asked one of the other JW's.. how come they are hanging out together, I thought they were not supposed to talk? I remember the answer to my question quite clearly.

They told me that it was different for 'family'. The bible points out the importance of family, and the honor which one should have for one another within a family. So they said that, if someone gets DF'ed, the immediate family can still make a personal choice to talk to them or not. If they do, they are no longer allowed to talk about spiritual matters at all, but they are allowed to talk about anything else.

This is just a thought, but I know that my memory is right. Is it possible that those JW's were member of a more liberal KH, or have the DF rules changed.. I have no idea.

Then, one of my best friends here in NY her son was DF'ed for sleeping with a girl whom he later married. She still visits him, especially since they have a baby now. She doesn't actually 'talk' to him, but she does visit the baby. She was also reprimanded for attending his wedding.

What I'm saying is, there might be hope. You might end up not being completely cut off from your in laws, but then perhaps I'm just naive. One way or the other, good luck to you.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    You might end up not being completely cut off from your in laws, but then perhaps I'm just naive. One way or the other, good luck to you.

Thank you, and I am hoping my inlaw's will be as liberal as the ones in your experience. (My father-in-law is one of the few people I can beat at chess!)

They were talking about some "new light" that would allow them to still have a non-spiritual relationship with us, but that was when they thought Gina was going to be DF'd. Now that it's just me, and now that they've decided I'm the bad element, they may not look as intently for that "new light". We'll see.

Thanks again for the positive thoughts!

Dave

• fairchild
    fairchild
    . (My father-in-law is one of the few people I can beat at chess!)

Hey, THERE is some light. No kidding, but playing chess is like writing, one constantly wants to improve the art and seeks out people who are stronger than themselves. By the way, I'll take you up on a game of chess any time!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I did that too. It was fun toying with them and telling them about the procedure they SHOULD follow as I knew it better than them, having studied up on the Flock book thanks to Kent's website. I had no intention of having the DFing reversed, I just went for fun. Bring a couple of goofy friends with you and tell the elders you want them to testify on your behalf. Or show up drunk and disorderly. Who cares. We only live once. Talk about a once-in-a-lifetime chance to mock people who think they are exercising "authority" over your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit