Appealing my DF'ing, I just sent the letter

by AlmostAtheist 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

My mother-in-law will be the first to admit she's no intellectual heavy-weight, but when Gina told her I was appealing, she said, "Is he only doing that to delay the announcement?"

Pretty sharp gal, eh?

Dave

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Then, one of my best friends here in NY her son was DF'ed for sleeping with a girl whom he later married. She still visits him, especially since they have a baby now. She doesn't actually 'talk' to him, but she does visit the baby. She was also reprimanded for attending his wedding.

Is this not the weirdest paragraph imaginable? Who, besides JWs, would even understand this? It shows so clearly how whacked dubdom is.

• Panda
    Panda

Have fun... too bad those elders woun't be able to admit publicly what fools they be.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hey Dave!

Does that mean the party at your place has been postponed too? I was so looking forward to that!

Kwin

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Does that mean the party at your place has been postponed too?
    >> I was so looking forward to that!

If you show up, we'll have a party. My promise to you. (Got Wexford's chillin' in the fridge as we speak!)

Anybody that brings a Weird Al CD gets one of the frosted mugs!

Dave of the "that'll teach 'em to 'flock' with me" class

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    If you show up, we'll have a party. My promise to you.

Me thinks you called my bluff!

Is 25 hours too long to drive for a couple hour long party?

Kwin

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey, they were originally scheduled to announce my DF'ing this past Thursday, but I sent my appeal letter Monday. They should have had it by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. But I haven't heard from them. Is that normal?

Granted, I didn't intend to answer the phone when they called, but I was expecting a call. Do they normally not contact a person that appeals?

Just curious.

Dave

• Es
    Es

hey Dave,

hope it all goes well. I just sent my dissacciation letter last week, i specifically asked the elders including my father not to contact me, but i still shuddered everytime my phone rang. Its like they have this hold of us still. Needless to say my dad did call and then said the elders are all worried about me and to expect some phone calls coz they want to rescue me. ( I knew i should have gotten a caller id phone )

• blondie
    blondie

Es, until you get a caller id phone try this:

Phone rings

Pick it up

"Hello"

Hear voice of someone you don't want to talk to

"Hello, hello, is someone there, hello, hello"

Pretending to not hear them, say out loud as if to someone in the room,

"Must be a prank call"

And hang up.

Repeat if necessary

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Whoa ES - welcome to the board. That was a big step.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit