Well, this is mostly stuff I would have told my kids, had I known what they were up to!
- Do not climb into the walls and hold secret meetings under the roof, just because you can. That hole in the sheetrock was cut by roofers, and it is not for little children to use as a door.
- Do not tie up your little sister, especially not so close to a bookshelf with sharp edges. (My daughter bears a scar over her eyebrow to this day, because this experiment went wrong.
- Do not play doctor in the back yard, just because bedsheets hanging from the clothesline give you and the neighbor children some privacy.
- Do not wander off the property with the neighbor's little boy (at the tender age of three) just because he suggests a cool-sounding field trip.
This one I could have prevented had I known a little more biology:
- Do not give your little sister a lizard to hold while you introduce your pet kingsnake to it. Kingsnakes eat snakes and lizards, and their teeth are sharp. (Truthfully, my son wasn't being malicious; we were all ignorant.)