Annointed: yearly figures

by DaCheech 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

LETTER FROM JEHOVA TO THE GOVERNING BODY

Dear Guvners,

look, stop bothering me with your inane Emails. 144,000/160,000/224,000, you think I give a s**T? Just make something up for those dumb-ass booksellers, they'll swallow whatever you come up with anyway...

I am also not too happy about the drop in sales figures last year. 2005 better see a better share price return or some of you geriatric sycophants will be very sorry! I'll order the nurses to leave big lumps in your gruel....
    Now get that cash rolling in again or I might just have to resurrect Fred Franz and order him to give you all a good old fashioned whoop-ass....

Now............Bugger off and leave me alone - I've got 6 more private tapes of Michael Jackson to watch...

The Big J

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Blimey - it went up by THIRTY in 2002.

The easiest explanation is that as they are very old and many suffer ill health, they missed previous Memorials (which explains an arificial increase) - I am, of course, pre-empting a JW explanation.

When someone is too old to partake, the elders (according to JW Watchtower law) go to that persons house and offer the emblems! Also, about 15 years ago I knew an old sister that took the emblems. The elders were not sure she was annointed, thus after the memorial they took her to the side room and did a check list of examining questions. Any person not "worthy" would be struck off the number count. These numbers (attendance and partakers) are immediately transmitted to the society the next day!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Maybe the anointed are taking their pets to heaven with them.

CZAR

• Neo
    Neo

They say that the heavenly calling was closed by 1935. But just about half of the Governing Body members were born after that year! They never try to harmonize this inconsistency.

The WT excuse for "newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems" is that they are replacements for the unfaithful.

*** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***
    ?No More Additions!?
    At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. ?No, no more additions!? he said. ?That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away.?

Have a look at the thread How does the society explain 5 more partakers at the Memorial?

Neo

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    they took her to the side room and did a check list of examining questions.

BIZARRE (but believable) - this implies that the elders have a greater understanding than the anointed - ie., would it be correct for a publisher to question a GB's standing?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    the change is a result of changing light, which resulted in previously annointed brothers and sisters passed on to the other side to become "marked" and cast from heaven

Oh, gag me with a spoon.

So the big J and his reps on earth identified these folks as the chosen ones, they died and went to heaven, and then were kicked out of heaven because they chose that particular time to "fall away"? What could a newly dead person who was transported into heaven do, exactly, that would constitute "falling away"?

Have they been kicked out now, or are they waiting to get kicked out of heaven on judgement day? If they've been kicked out now, where are they, exactly?

Another comment.....those stats are crap (surprise). Seriously, do you think they'll ever say there are only a dozen chosen ones left? Wouldn't they then lose a lot of followers because they'd claim judgement day would be imminent, but yet it wouldn't come (again)? I mean, could it really come with >8000 chosen ones left on earth? God would have to kill them in order to bring them to heaven. Imagine that.

• undercover
    undercover

In 1935 roughly 36% of the 144,000 were around. Thirty five years later only 7% remained. Another 35 years later and still 6% of the original number remain. In thirty five years only 1% of the 144,000 have died off.

I'd like to see a chart showing how many people were alive in 1935 and compare their mortality rate over the years. I'd be willing to bet that the statistics are opposite. Slow decrease over the first 35 years and then rapidly decreasing the last 35 years. I'm sure that more than 1% of the population alive in 1935 died off in the last 35 years.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Triple A, thanks for the chart! I know a fair amount of effort went into compiling these numbers. I started to do the same thing a couple of years ago but did not have the patience to dig for all the figures (especially the older numbers). I copied your chart into an excel spreadsheet for personal reference.

FairMind

• undercover
    undercover

More interesting numbers:

1945: 22,328
    1948: 25,395
    1950: 22,723

Went up three thousand and then back down three thousand. War years were tough on everybody, huh?

13,240 died in two years right after 1935. Maybe the number was closer to being filled, the rapture came and it was all over with. D'oh!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Just recently, I checked the figures in the WT magazines. Between 1993 and 2003, there was an increase of 73 anointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit